1 Screenshot

About This File

This is a folder backup tool, after i got tired of using tools made by others, that had either lack of functionality,

or were overly complex, i decided to make my own, and this is it.

MirrorDir mirrors dirs as the name says, simply select source and destination hit scan, review in the list if that's what you want it to do and press start copy.

As this is a mirror sync tool, this means files that exist in destination but dont exist in source are marked for deletion.

Other tools have other modes like the incrementing copy which does not delete anything, but i made this for me,

only if there is a request i may think about adding features just for fun.

Whats more? There's a save/load of profile and the profile is what contains the list of source and destination folders, these are kept in prefs.ini in folder MDir in local appdata.

There are context menu's that allow for the removal of items from the profile list, either just for the list (in case you dont want to sync a specific folder, just this time)

or delete from the list and the .ini .

Best regards.

What's New in Version 1.1

Released

Added images to the listview to help see what is going on, blue means ready/unprocessed, green is done/processed, red means processing if on the top listview, or error in the bottom listview.

• Like 1

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

There are no reviews to display.

• Similar Content

• Marc
      By Marc
      Profiler - yet another backup script for Firefox and Thunderbird profiles
      It automatically detects the last recently used profile directories of Firefox and Thunderbird (installed versions, no portables).
      Clicking the Backup-Button creates a complete Backup of the found profiles with a timestamp.
      Restore deletes the according profile dir and extracts the content of the selected archive into the profile directory.
      Uses Winrar as compression tool, but feel free to change it to your needs
      Best regards
      Marc

Profiler.au3
    • Vivi
      By Vivi
      hey guys,

is there a way to post into the "Usenet" with autoit ?

I didn't found any resources about it online.
    • tremolux66
      By tremolux66
      I found a very old AutoIt script for obtaining file version information (Properties > Details items like the version string, product name, copyright, etc.). It didn't work very well, so I rewrote it after I discovered FileGetVersion().
      The problem is that FileGetVersion() is returning outdated information that seems to belong to an old version of the file, long after the file has been deleted and recreated. Windows Explorer, on the other hand, shows up-to-date version info in the Properties > Details tab because (I think) it's accessing the cached file metadata and/or the latest version of the file. This looks similar to the Windows behavior in which (e.g.) the modification time for a previous incarnation of a file is still displayed by dir even after the file has been deleted and recreated. The timestamp is updated eventually, but in my case "eventually" is approaching infinity.
      Is there a way in AutoIt to force retrieval of the latest file version properties? Failing that, is there some external method (like a command or admin setting) that can force Windows to return the latest version info when requested by a program?
    • JohnOne
      By JohnOne
      "Nimps" is a regional slang word, which means easy or simple or basic and such.
      I made a quick little script the other day to backup the visual studio project folder I was actively working on.
      Thought I'd generalise it for use with the current active windows explorer folder.
      When this script is running, and you hit "Ctrl and Shift and b", if a folder is open in windows explorer, it will copy the contents of it to your desired location ($GENERAL_BACKUP_FOLDER) including subfolders and its files and folders (so beware on deep directories)
      If you have command line version of 7zip (7za.exe) you can choose to compress the folder rather than just copy it ($ZIP_FOLDER = True), or both I suppose.
      Think that's all.
      Reading the code should tell you anything else.
      Oh, success or failure is indicated by a high or low frequency Beep().
      #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <String.au3> HotKeySet("^+b", _Backup) ; ctrl and shift and b HotKeySet("!+b", _Exit) ; alt and shift and b Global Const $GENERAL_BACKUP_FOLDER = @ScriptDir & "Backup\" Global Const $ZIP_FOLDER = False Global Const $PATH_TO_7ZA = "D:\7za.exe" While 3 Sleep(300) WEnd ; High frequency beep if successful ; Low frequency beep if failed Func _Backup() Local $FOLDER_TO_BACKUP = "" Local $BACKUP_FOLDER = "" Local $CURRENT_BACKUP_FOLDER Local $WIN_TITLE = WinGetTitle("[Active]") Local $WIN_TEXT = WinGetText("[Active]") ; If text of window has no address, it is not a windows explorer If StringInStr($WIN_TEXT, "Address: ") Then Local $ACTIVE_EXPLORER_ADDRESS = _StringBetween($WIN_TEXT, "Address: ", @LF) If Not IsArray($ACTIVE_EXPLORER_ADDRESS) Then Beep(400, 150) Return @ScriptLineNumber EndIf $FOLDER_TO_BACKUP = $ACTIVE_EXPLORER_ADDRESS[0] Else Return MsgBox(0, "Info", "The active window is not explorer") EndIf ; Check to see if root drive is backup source If StringRight($FOLDER_TO_BACKUP, 2) = ":\" Then $Answer = MsgBox(4, "Warning", "You are about to attempt to backup a whole disk" & @CRLF & "Are you sure?") If $Answer <> 6 Then Return EndIf ; Date and time to append to backup zip file or folder $APPEND = "_" & @YEAR & "_" & @MON & "_" & @MDAY & "_" & @HOUR & "_" & @MIN & "_" & @SEC Local $CURRENT_BACKUP_FOLDER = $GENERAL_BACKUP_FOLDER & $WIN_TITLE & $APPEND ; Zip to backup folder and return, 7za.exe required If $ZIP_FOLDER Then ; Buile command for 7za $command = $PATH_TO_7ZA & ' a ' & '"' & $GENERAL_BACKUP_FOLDER & $WIN_TITLE & $APPEND & '"' & '.zip ' & '"' & $FOLDER_TO_BACKUP & '"' $pid = Run($command, "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD) While ProcessExists($pid) Sleep(10) WEnd $out = StdoutRead($pid) ; Indicate if successfull If StringInStr($out, "Everything is Ok") Then Beep(700, 200) Return EndIf Beep(400, 200) Return EndIf ; Copy folder and beep when complete, no 7zip needed. Local $RTN = DirCopy($FOLDER_TO_BACKUP, $CURRENT_BACKUP_FOLDER, 1) ? Beep(700, 500) : Beep(400, 500) EndFunc ;==>_Backup Func _Exit() Exit EndFunc ;==>_Exit  
    • Wicked_Caty
      By Wicked_Caty
      I wanted to have a few lines that copy the whole registry into a file. I know that there is RegRead, but I don't want to type every single key into my code...
      Any way of doing this easily? Filetype doesn't matter, as long as it isn't encrypted. A batch or exe would be okay, if it's in the same location on every PC. Doing this without admin permissions would be awesome too
      Thanks