AutoIT silent command line parameters

Shana

I have a batch file with command line parameters do do a silent install and would like to use AutoIT to do the same thing.Mentioned below are the content of my batch file.

%windir%\system32\msiexec.exe /i "\\server\Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10.msi" SERIALNUMBER=xxxxxxxxxx ADDLOCAL=ALL ALLUSERS=1 WEBREGISTRATION=1 /norestart DEFAULTSINI="\\server\nsdefaults.ini" ROAMINGUSERINI="\\server\roamingdef.ini" ROAMINGUSEROPTIONS="\\server\testroamoptions.ini" /qn

Use Run or ShellExecute. If you have difficulties, post again with your code and you'll get some assistance from some better coders here..

Thanks for a quick response. I'm really new to scripting, so please bare me if I don't make any sense.

I used ShellExecute and was successful in getting the applicaiton installed silently, but was not able to pass the parameters that I wanted to. This is what I have in my script:

ShellExecute("\\Server\Dragon\DNS10\setup.exe", "/S /v/qn, SERIALNUMBER=xxxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xx ADDLOCAL=ALL ALLUSERS=1 WEBREGISTRATION=1 DEFAULTSINI=nsdefaults.ini ROAMINGUSERINI=roamingdef.ini ROAMINGUSEROPTIONS=testroamoptions.ini")

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for a quick response. I'm really new to scripting, so please bare me if I don't make any sense.

I used ShellExecute and was successful in getting the applicaiton installed silently, but was not able to pass the parameters that I wanted to. This is what I have in my script:

ShellExecute("\\Server\Dragon\DNS10\setup.exe", "/S /v/qn, SERIALNUMBER=xxxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xx ADDLOCAL=ALL ALLUSERS=1 WEBREGISTRATION=1 DEFAULTSINI=nsdefaults.ini ROAMINGUSERINI=roamingdef.ini ROAMINGUSEROPTIONS=testroamoptions.ini")

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm not sure if I understand you but, you want to hide the CMD window?

Run("\\Server\Dragon\DNS10\setup.exe", "/S /v/qn, SERIALNUMBER=xxxxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx-xx ADDLOCAL=ALL ALLUSERS=1 WEBREGISTRATION=1 DEFAULTSINI=nsdefaults.ini ROAMINGUSERINI=roamingdef.ini ROAMINGUSEROPTIONS=testroamoptions.ini", "", @SW_HIDE)

If I don't mistaking you need a space between /v and /qn.
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line