WinWaitActive

Kasteel

Hi

I am using WinWaitActive to wait for a screen to come up before I continue. The problem is that the screen header will sometimes say "Test1" and other times it would say "Test2". Is it possible to specify 2 dailog text strings for it to wait for?

Example: WinWaitActive("Test1") OR WinWaitActive("Test2")

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

I am using WinWaitActive to wait for a screen to come up before I continue. The problem is that the screen header will sometimes say "Test1" and other times it would say "Test2". Is it possible to specify 2 dailog text strings for it to wait for?

Example: WinWaitActive("Test1") OR WinWaitActive("Test2")

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

WinWaitActive("Test")

???

See "Window Titles and Text (Advanced)" in the help file for more information.

Edited by jebus495

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2)

That will let you succeed on a partial match with any title text. In your case, in conjunction with that Opt, you would use this towait for any of your two windows:

WinWaitActive("Test")

That works since "Test" has a partial match to both "Test1" and "Test2". Actually, now that I think of it, you don't even need use the Opt since window title matching is done from left to right by default to "Test" will match both "Test1" and "Test2". You only need to set that Opt if your partial string is located somewhere else in your title text.

If, however, you want to wait for more than one window and their title texts differ greatly, then you have to code it manually.

While NOT WinActive($title1) OR NOT WinActive($title2)
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
Edited by omikron48