.mp3 Sound = Error

@Melba

So, I use the _soundplay helpfile example :

#include <Sound.au3>

;open sound file : must be modified if run under Vista
$sound = _SoundOpen("C:\38.mp3")
$_Error = @error
$extended = @extended
ConsoleWrite ( "$_Error : " & $_Error & " $extended : " & $extended & @Crlf )

If $_Error = 2 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "The file does not exist")
    Exit
ElseIf $extended <> 0 Then
    $stText = DllStructCreate("char[128]")
    $errorstring = DllCall("winmm.dll", "short", "mciGetErrorStringA", "str", $extended, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stText), "int", 128)
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "The open failed." & @CRLF & "Error Number: " & $extended & @CRLF & "Error Description: " & DllStructGetData($stText, 1) & @CRLF & "Please Note: The sound may still play correctly.")
Else
    MsgBox(0, "Success", "The file opened successfully")
EndIf
_SoundPlay($sound, 1)
_SoundClose($sound)

And it give me $_Error : 1 $extended : 10

and no sound and the error message box is allways the same...Posted Image

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

• Moderators

wakillon,

As far as I can see, Error 10 from Windows means that a driver is not working correctly - which would chime with not being able to use SoundPlay to play the file either:

Code 10

If the device has a "FailReasonString" value in its hardware key, that string is displayed as the error message. The driver or enumerator
places this registry string value there. If there is no "FailReasonString" in the hardware key, the following generic error message is
displayed:

This device is either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the drivers installed. (Code 10)

Try upgrading the device drivers for this device. 

Solution: Update Driver

To resolve this error code, make sure the device is connected to the computer correctly. For example, make sure all cables are plugged in
fully and that all adapter cards are properly seated. Follow the suggested solution button and update the device driver. It may be possible
to remove the device and redetect it using the Add New Hardware wizard.

As you can play wav files, I can only think that it is the codec for playing mp3 type files - but now I am getting seriously out of my depth. Sorry I cannot help any more.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Hi,

I too am dealing with the same issue with regards to _SoundPlay , also Soundplay() works fine with .wav files but not with mp3 files tried to find a method of registering dlls but was not successful.

Autoit: 3.3.6.0

After modifying the example script "_SoundPlay" to utilize a mp3 file I repeatedly get error: "The File does not exist"

Example Script:

#include <Sound.au3>

#RequireAdmin
$sound = _SoundOpen("mind_at_peace.wav") ;Have changed to multipel locations still yields same error, have tried mp3 files also
If @error = 2 Then
    Exit
ElseIf @extended <> 0 Then
    $extended = @extended ;assign because @extended will be set after DllCall
    $errorstring = DllCall("winmm.dll", "short", "mciGetErrorStringA", "str", $extended, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($stText), "int", 128)
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "The open failed." & @CRLF & "Error Number: " & $extended & @CRLF & "Error Description: " & DllStructGetData($stText, 1) & @CRLF & "Please Note: The sound may still play correctly.")
Else
EndIf
_SoundPlay($sound, 0)

_SoundClose($sound)

As I am writing i tried another path to a system .wav file "C:\Windows\Media\Windows Error.wav" this time a different error in msgbox popped up:

The Open Failed

Error Number: 10

Error Description: There is a problem with the device driver. The driver has closed.

Cannot Access error.

Please Note: The sound may still play correctly.

Any chance of getting information with regards to system dependencies this function requires? so i maybe able to provide little more troubleshooting, just encase i am missing something?

Thankyou

ftc

Edited by failedtocompile

Pending a solution I'm using this :

#include <Bass.au3>

FileInstall ( 'bass.dll', @SystemDir & '\bass.dll' )
$_Mp3Path='C:\file.mp3'
$bass_dll = DllOpen ( "BASS.dll" )
_BASS_Init ( $bass_dll, 0, -1, 44100, 0, "" )
_Mp3Play ( $_Mp3Path )
_BASS_Free ( $bass_dll )

Func _Mp3Play ( $_Mp3FilePath )
    $MusicHandle = _BASS_StreamCreateFile ( $bass_dll, False, $_Mp3FilePath, 0, 0, 0 )  
    _BASS_ChannelPlay ( $bass_dll, $MusicHandle, 0 ) 
    Sleep ( 2500 )
EndFunc ;==> _Mp3Play ( )

AutoIt 3.3.14.2 X86 - SciTE 3.6.0WIN 8.1 X64 - Other Example Scripts

Yes, before and after change i can play wav files...

We misunderstood each other. I meant in regard to that other issue failedtocompile experienced. That issue isn't related to any specific type of file.

It's best seen with exactly "C:\Windows\Media\Windows Error.wav"

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

• Moderators

failedtocompile,

another path to a system .wav file "C:\Windows\Media\Windows Error.wav" this time a different error

That error with files that have a space in their names in the Windows\Media folder is known and was reported as Ticket #1707. The problem is that these files do not have a "shortname" and the solution is basically as trancexx has suggested. My announcement about a temporary fix until the next release is here. ;)

As to the error 2 ("File does not exist") return from _SoundOpen, the only line that produces that particular error return is:

If Not FileExists($sFile) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

Could you please try a similar check on the file's existence in your script BEFORE using _SoundOpen on a problem mp3 file and see if the error is also occurs there. At least we will then know if it is the UDF or the system - guess where my bet would go? :)

Thanks in advance.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

failedtocompile,

That error with files that have a space in their names in the Windows\Media folder is known and was reported as Ticket #1707. The problem is that these files do not have a "shortname" and the solution is basically as trancexx has suggested. My announcement about a temporary fix until the next release is here. ;)

As to the error 2 ("File does not exist") return from _SoundOpen, the only line that produces that particular error return is:

Could you please try a similar check on the file's existence in your script BEFORE using _SoundOpen on a problem mp3 file and see if the error is also occurs there. At least we will then know if it is the UDF or the system - guess where my bet would go? :shocked:

Thanks in advance.

M23

Will do tomorrow just playing D&D e4 :) just taking a quick 5 min break ;)

ftc

• Moderators

failedtocompile,

Enjoy the game. ;)

M23

Spoiler

[ autoIt ] ( Popup )

Could you please try a similar check on the file's existence in your script BEFORE using _SoundOpen on a problem mp3 file and see if the error is also occurs there. At least we will then know if it is the UDF or the system - guess where my bet would go? :)

Thanks in advance.

M23

No errors this time with locating audio file (except when attempting to play .mp3 file, it locates file but cannot play reports error 10 device driver, as before), still no errors after removing first check function with regards to .wav files.

if FileExists("Giulio_Caccini_Ave_Maria.mp3") Then
    MsgBox(0, '', "File exists")
elseif FileExists("Giulio_Caccini_Ave_Maria.mp3") ==0 Then
    MsgBox(0, "", "File not exisit")
    EndIf

$sound = _SoundOpen("Giulio_Caccini_Ave_Maria.mp3")
If @error = 2 Then
    Exit
ElseIf @extended <> 0 Then
    $extended = @extended ;assign because @extended will be set after DllCall
Else
EndIf
_SoundPlay($sound, 0)

_SoundClose($sound)

think the first error i encounted was related to id10t syndrome ;) .

ftc

• Moderators

failedtocompile,

So If FileExists("Giulio_Caccini_Ave_Maria.mp3") BEFORE the _SoundOpen call says the file exists and yet If Not FileExists($sFile) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0) WITHIN the UDF returns an error? I am confused! ;)

Could you please upload one of the troublesome mp3 files so I can look at it myself. I have found that a corrupt tag structure within the file can prevent it playing, but I have yet to meet one that does not exist within the UDF! :)

M23

P.S. You do not need == in your comparison - it forces a case-sensitive string comparison and here we are looking at numeric values. But that should not affect the result of the If statement in this case.

Spoiler