Open Start Menu

I would like to know how to open the start menu from my app, possibly without using keyboard shorcuts (Dll instead)...I think this is possible because I've seen it in a rocketdock docklet...

EDIT: Can I also hide the start button?

Edited by Vadersapien
Try Pacfox, my Firefox theme.Try Power Eject, my windows gadget that allows you to eject most drives.Using AutoIt 3.3.4.0, Windows 7 Premium, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT Graphics Card & Samsung 22" Monitor.

You can, typically it's required that the button's draw state remains pressed while the start menu is shown and then draw state normal when the start menu is invisible, it's always there though.

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:DV2ControlHost]")
;_WinAPI_SetWindowPos($hWnd, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, BitOR($SWP_NOSIZE, $SWP_NOMOVE, $SWP_NOACTIVATE))
_WinAPI_SetWindowPos($hWnd, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, BitOR($SWP_NOSIZE, $SWP_NOACTIVATE))
_WinAPI_ShowWindow($hWnd)

It doesn't work 100% as some controls are not drawn because the button click does more work. Try to use Spy++ or WinSpector to log the messages posted to and from the DV2ControlHost window. By the way it's on Vista, don't know if it works on XP or 7.

By the way it's on Vista, don't know if it works on XP or 7.

Yeah, it ends up real weird on 7 (no aero, shutdown button doesn't work)

I wanted it to work like ViOrb...

Try Pacfox, my Firefox theme.Try Power Eject, my windows gadget that allows you to eject most drives.Using AutoIt 3.3.4.0, Windows 7 Premium, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT Graphics Card & Samsung 22" Monitor.

This one is sending a message to the button with mouse down event:

#include <Constants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$hBtn = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:Button]")
$hWnd = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:DV2ControlHost]")

Do
    _SendMessage($hBtn, 0x0201, 1, 0x00050005) ; WM_LBUTTONDOWM = 0x0201
    Sleep(200)
Until BitAND(WinGetState($hWnd), 2)

Sleep(2000)
_SendMessage($hBtn, 0x0201, 1, 0x00050005) ; WM_LBUTTONDOWM = 0x0201

What about hiding the button?

ControlHide($hBtn, "", "") or look at ControlCommand()

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

I meant the "Start" button in windows...if I try to hide the application "Start", it just makes the button not work, although it still appears to be there...