Create an Unmoveable Window/GUI?

Hello all,

I'd like to know if (and how) I can create a window/GUI which is unmovable and has no minimize/close/restore buttons and no icon. I can't draw the window in another way since I need to extend aero glass into it...

Try Pacfox, my Firefox theme.Try Power Eject, my windows gadget that allows you to eject most drives.Using AutoIt 3.3.4.0, Windows 7 Premium, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT Graphics Card & Samsung 22" Monitor.

Would $WS_PopUp work?

Yeah, it does...but then the aero glass doesn't... Edited by Vadersapien
Try Pacfox, my Firefox theme.Try Power Eject, my windows gadget that allows you to eject most drives.Using AutoIt 3.3.4.0, Windows 7 Premium, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU @ 2.66ghz, 4gb RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT Graphics Card & Samsung 22" Monitor.

aRE You are trying to lock the desktop down so that the person can only do certain things?

No, I'm trying to create an app like 7Stacks, mainly because I wanted to add features to that app and change bits I didn't like...

Search forum. It has been answered already.

Quite Right...I found this:

#Include <WindowsConstants.au3>

$hForm = GUICreate('')
GUIRegisterMsg($WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN, 'WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN')
GUISetState()

Do
Until GUIGetMsg() = -3

Func WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam)
    Switch $wParam
        Case 0x02
            Return 0
    EndSwitch
    Return 'GUI_RUNDEFMSG'
EndFunc   ;==>WM_NCLBUTTONDOWN

But how would I hide the icon and minimize/close/restore buttons? (Create a window like ProgressOn does)

Edited by Vadersapien

Got it!...I created the window with the style attribute "$WS_EX_MDICHILD", as well as the above code, and it's perfect!

Edited by Vadersapien

what do you mean by "deactivated"? U mean if it's not active at any moment? if so you can use:

if not winactive(blah blah) then
blah blah
[font="Garamond"]Manjish Naik[/font]Engineer, Global Services - QPSHoneywell Automation India LimitedE-mail - Manjish.Naik@honeywell.com

Yeah that's the one...is it also possible to disable the aero previews for that window? (Window preview you get when you hover over the window's taskbar icon)

Edited by Vadersapien