playlet

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@picea892

Does this mean that you can't add files to jumplist by drag-and-drop (so you have to add them manually to ini file) or something else?

Yes that's correct. I can drag and drop and add icons and buttons fine. But can't seem to add options to the submenu. So I tweaked the ini and it worked fine.

I think I might have found part of the problem. When you are creating $ImageGUI, you are using $DS_MODALFRAME as the parent parameter. I have never used that variable, but when I remove it, the script doesn't error out.

When I run the script, I see the buttons flash visible, then hide, and then they don't show up again.

Edit: I'm not having any luck finding out why I can't see the buttons. If others are doing fine, I will wait for the next release. Then I know all the bugs are worked out for everyone else and I can see what my problem is.

Edit: Actually, I believe the problem was line 128:

_WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($ControlGUI, 0x123456, 255); part of WinAPI.au3

I changed the transparency to 0 and everything works now.

Edited by dantay9

Latest beta works well for me. Both executed from exe and from scite. Whatever the problem, I think you got it fixed. I'm very curious what it was though....

So about the adding to the jumplist, perhaps I'm implementing wrong. Can you give me more instruction.

Picea.

I get it...I was doing it wrong. Have to drag all files at once on the button. So drag 3 files altogether and you have 3 shortcuts.

Everything works perfectly. What about a mouseover effect on the jumplist so we know what is hovered....other than that I'm fresh out of ideas :D

Sorry for the wait Playlet. I was a bit busy with other stuff.

When I changed the transparency to 0 (even in the new beta), it worked fine. But when the transparency was at 255, I could only see a dark screen. I think I might have figured out a different (and more likely reason) why I was having trouble. I was trying to figure out everything that I had changed on my computer since before the problem started happening. I went through a bunch of things and nothing seemed to work. Then I remembered that I had changed the color quality to 16 bit instead of 32 bit. Changing this back made all the difference. Everything is working fine now.

I also found out that if you change the background color that you are making transparent to something available in 16 bit color (like pure red), everything will work fine also.

I see I missed a lot and was very surprised when I finally got this working. I love the jumplist!

Edit: One thing I do think should be added would be the ability to drag a single file onto a button that already has something on it and have it work the same as if you were dragging a group of files onto the button. That way, you can add files without having to find the file that was already on there too. (or maybe just a msgbox asking you if you want to replace the file or add it to the jumplist)

Edited by dantay9

I'm not exactly sure about disposing of the object. If I had to take a guess, I would say _GDIPlus_ImageDispose because the return value is a bitmap. So the way to dispose of the return value should be the same as other functions that return bitmaps. You should take a look at someone who knows exactly what they're doing (like Yashied and his Icons UDF) and see how they disposed of the object.

As for testing for memory leaks, the only way I know of is to start the program and wait for all the pictures and stuff to be created. Then open Task Manager and see how much memory is being used. If, by hovering over images or something else that creates new images, the memory used increases without a cap, you have a memory leak.

This is just the only way I know of to test for a memory leak. There is probably a better and more precise way, but this way works well enough for me.

Edit: I always make sure I compile the script before I test for a memory leak. This makes sense (at least to me) because the memory test will be limited to the program itself, excluding SciTE.

Edited by dantay9

Yeah, I put my Yahtzee! program on CNET downloads (download.com) and it is being circulated much better now. And it wasn't nearly as polished as your launcher is. I'm getting more than 250 downloads a month for a mediocre product.

Edit: If you do decide to host it on a freeware download site, then you should probably also make a website (no visible site, just for hosting files). Then, you could make an updater and it would be downloaded from your site. That would be the final part to this great piece of software.

Edited by dantay9

Hi I am using the latest version but get an error

If I run Ctrl/shift/escape to check running processes then a message pops up that says

"line 193

Switch $pos(3)

Switch $pos ERROR

Error subscript used for non-array variable"

the program then crashes and exits

bye the way Windows task manager shows the memory usage as 15mb on my system and thats without adding any stuff to it. I think thats too much, maybe too much eye candy? I dont know as i dont get that far with the program.

I am using version 3.3.4.0 of Autoit

maybe this is just peculiar to my system xp sp2