Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Piyush

reference to document object without using IE

10 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Is this possible to get the reference to a document without opening it with IE udf....As i have a slow computer and it takes time and memory to do a task...I had seen a number of post in the forum but none of them had a solution... I used google and found dom which can be used through MSXML. i read its documentation at microsoft but was not able to understan it...is there any UDF associated with it...

Edited by Piyush

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="7"]Piyush.....[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]Some Of My Scripts...Cool Font Generator Train Searcher and Tracer[/size][/font]

This is a local html file, right?

You might try _XMLDOMWrapper.au3.

Posted Image

thanks for that but i am not able to understand how to use it.Could you please tell me how to use it or provide any documentation...

[font="Comic Sans MS"][size="7"]Piyush.....[/size][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][size="2"]Some Of My Scripts...Cool Font Generator Train Searcher and Tracer[/size][/font]

It's not a standard UDF, and hasn't really been fully documented. However the linked topic contains MANY examples of real-world usage and you can open the UDF file itself and look at the function descriptions and headers in the source, etc.

Try something basic, and post a more specific question for more help on the parts you don't get.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

It's not a standard UDF, and hasn't really been fully documented. However the linked topic contains MANY examples of real-world usage and you can open the UDF file itself and look at the function descriptions and headers in the source, etc.

Try something basic, and post a more specific question for more help on the parts you don't get.

Thanks ..i will try..

Someone is yet to write a HTML DOM wrapper for AutoIt. It would be perfect for this task, although it would still load a lot of resources.

Someone is yet to write a HTML DOM wrapper for AutoIt. It would be perfect for this task, although it would still load a lot of resources.

someone is writing or has to write....

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

Just XPath syntax. My theory is HTML is just a particular use of an XML format, and you should be able to get the .innerHtml strings from any element/property that way (not tested).

There is also trancexx's WinHTML.au3.

Edit: Added link.

Edited by PsaltyDS

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

HTML is not always a particular use of an XML format. Many HTML is malformed XML or simply not XML at all. 8)

XHTML documents must be valid XML, though.