AutoClean

NerdFencer

John -

I did some more research into the windows update issue, and believe that I found the root of your problem. I added a couple things to the windows update fix feature (for next version)...

With these added steps, I believe your issue will be resolved.

next time I run into the problem I'll let you know what happens. ;)

Desktop cleanup... hmmm... ok

Yeah it's that annoying "in the last 60 days you haven't used this icon so I'll move it to 'unused desktop' folder. I've never met anyone that wants it so I just disable it on all machines now.

RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\CleanupWiz", "NoRun", "REG_DWORD", 1)

so far as the password option, I think that I will be including a function to set windows options to most secure settings.

Well I'll look at that when it comes in but if it's anything like other programs "most secure" settings I'll pass. Most of my (Home) customers don't need to enter a password everytime the screen saver comes up. :evil:

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Updated to v1.6

Hay antoher fine addition to the script!

Trouble is you're too dam quick ;) give me a bit of time to think up something more for you to add. :evil:

Hmmm...

How about this one for a "wish list".

"Event log" Filter/decoder/helper - IE somthing that will go through the event log ignore all the background junk and give a list of ONLY the "bad stuff" it finds OR even a solution for the bad stuff. :-)

Well that should keep you busy for a little bit longer.. :evil:

Keep up the great work mate

John Morrison

P3X775:

I added one, it is available in 1.7 (releasing tonight or tomorrow)

curiousmaniac:

It looks cool, but its not what I'm aiming for in this program. Its more something for the System Settings Modifier that I have slated for the summer.

storme:

Log file viewer... I think ill concentrate on making all the new features on my todo list first

On a rleated note, I added logging to the program for v1.7

_________[u]UDFs[/u]_________-Mouse UDF-Math UDF-Misc Constants-Uninstaller Shell

storme:

Log file viewer... I think ill concentrate on making all the new features on my todo list first

On a rleated note, I added logging to the program for v1.7

:evil: Finally!!! I gave you something you won't add...I win ;) ... Sorry only JOKING :evil:

Great to hear about the logging. I feel much more comfortable if I can look back over a log to see what happened. It's also VERY good to show to a customer after their computer has taken a back flip off the high-board into an empty pool to show that it wasn't anything that was done by the program. :idea:

Thanks

John

Released v1.7

Next up: Automatic Crapware Removal ;)

I'm thinking something like the PC Decrapifier, but automated... in a check-box!

Note: Logging is limited at the moment, it will be improved in later versions.

Also: Online Documentation updates will be lagging until tomorrow because it is late, and I am tired

Edited by NerdFencer

_________[u]UDFs[/u]_________-Mouse UDF-Math UDF-Misc Constants-Uninstaller Shell

First off ... Many thanks NerdFencer. I am totally new to AutoIT and when I found AutoClean I was excited.

One suggestion would be to add the function of password protecting the AutoClean utility. Just a simple required password before someone could use it ... default password that can be changed within the utility.

I am still experimenting how to make an .exe file to include AutoIT and AutoClean ... I have a little catching up to do.

Thanks again.

Great program, it is running on my system at the moment as a test.

Could I also suggest the following:

1> 'PageDefrag' to defragment system files (page file, registry Hive etc..) at startup using syntax:

"c:\filepath\PageDefrag\pagedfrg" -o

2> Advanced Windows Care - I use the Beta Version for system maintenance using the syntax:

"c:\Program Files\IObit\Advanced WindowsCare V2\AutoCare.exe" /care

I also use AntiVir Free using the following syntax:

"c:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\update.exe" /DM="0" "/NOMESSAGEBOX" ;To update the program

"c:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avscan.exe" /CFG="c:\program files\avira\antivir desktop\sysscan.avp" ;To run full scan

It may already do it (have not fully looked at the code yet) but a drive scan to delete 'junk files' such as .tmp, ~*.* etc would also be useful and a good compliment to CCleaner.

Once again great program

Gingerbloke

Great program, it is running on my system at the moment as a test.

Glad you think so ;)

I think It may do more than you know...

Could I also suggest the following:

1> 'PageDefrag' to defragment system files (page file, registry Hive etc..) at startup using syntax:

"c:\filepath\PageDefrag\pagedfrg" -o

It already does this.

2> Advanced Windows Care - I use the Beta Version for system maintenance using the syntax:

I'll look more closely into what this program actually does. I am hesitant to include it before I know a lot about it. If it is good, you will see it, or features from it in later versions.

I also use AntiVir Free using the following syntax:

"c:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\update.exe" /DM="0" "/NOMESSAGEBOX" ;To update the program

"c:\Program Files\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avscan.exe" /CFG="c:\program files\avira\antivir desktop\sysscan.avp" ;To run full scan

AntiVir is a good anti-virus program, but the included VipreRescue scanner has been tested to be more thorough than this program without the false positives. AntiVir Failed the October 2009 VB100 test due to missing a virus, and failed earlier this year for a false positive. Despite these minor mistakes, I agree that AntiVir is a good program, but Vipre is just as good (if not arguably a little better) and already included in the program. I am not inclined to include another anti-virus solution at this time, but thanks for the suggestion.

It may already do it (have not fully looked at the code yet) but a drive scan to delete 'junk files' such as .tmp, ~*.* etc would also be useful and a good compliment to CCleaner.

It includes CCleaner as a scanner under the "scans/security" tab. Deleting *.tmp files and ~*.* files blindly can cause some major issues with currently running programs that may be using (but not actively accessing) those files. I am more comfortable leaving that task to CCleaner because they have more experience in this matter.

Once again great program

Thanks

Feel free to send in more suggestions if you have them

First off ... Many thanks NerdFencer. I am totally new to AutoIT and when I found AutoClean I was excited.

Im glad to know that you appreciate the program,

One suggestion would be to add the function of password protecting the AutoClean utility. Just a simple required password before someone could use it ... default password that can be changed within the utility.

It wouldn't be hard, but what good would it do?

Anybody could easily just delete the settings file.

Also, it is a portable rescue program.

Password protecting it would just make it harder to use.

I am still experimenting how to make an .exe file to include AutoIT and AutoClean ... I have a little catching up to do.

I suggest looking up the Autoit Help for the "FileInstall" function.

Thanks for the feedback,

-Matt

I have done an analysis of Advanced Windows Care... and have some disturbing results.

(All done on a virtual windows test machine with file and registry diffs... how fun.)

Maintenance

- Spyware Removal - Inadequate with several noticed false positives on my testbox (which I keep crapped up for times like this)

- Registry Fix - Basic registry scanner... I think CCleaner does better, and know RegSeeker does

- Privacy Sweep - Covered better by a couple checkboxes in CCleaner

- Junk Files Clean - Woefully inadequate... I have done better... when I was learning AutoIt

Diagnose System

- System Optimization - Does very little to anything but ActiveX... which it slows down...

- Security Defense - Basically does the same thing as a hosts file update, but in the registry (which is slower...)

- Disk De-fragment - Interfaces with the windows defragment API... no surprise here

- Security Analyzer - Finds very little of use... Entries of most harm fixed better by my Toolbars and Search Hijack option

Utilities

- Control Panel... Need I say any more?

Summary:

A nearly useless product... with a nice GUI.

The only things that aren't covered by AutoClean already are a couple things in the "Security Analyzer"... Which are mainly harmless. An extra button removal option is on its way for AutoClean, which takes care of that...

gingerbloke:

I highly recommend that you rethink your use of Advanced System Care.