AutoClean

NerdFencer

@finalversion

AutoClean should have generated a revert file (.acd extension).

Edit: placed in the 'logs' directory

Drag that on top of the executable to fix your problem

This will undo service settings changes and autorun deletions.

In the source code...

src\files\AutoRuns.ini

delete the line that says...

HotKeysCmds=C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe

Rerun the autoruns prune feature and your volume keys should still work

I have already fixed this bug for the next release.

Edited by NerdFencer

_________[u]UDFs[/u]_________-Mouse UDF-Math UDF-Misc Constants-Uninstaller Shell

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Recuva can probably get it back for you.

Nope, I always Shift+Delete.

I did that until last year. It's a very bad habit. These days, I use CCleaner regularly, after ensuring that nothing I've deleted was important. I lost a bundle of backed up e-mails that earned me a 10 hour marathon session redoing some tax forms.

Don't bother

If you kept the registry backup checkbox checked, then you should have a folder in your C:\windows directory named RegBackups. Pick a subfolder with a date that you like, and run "ERDNT.EXE". After that, reboot.

Edited by NerdFencer

_________[u]UDFs[/u]_________-Mouse UDF-Math UDF-Misc Constants-Uninstaller Shell

Nerdfencer,

It seems as if the script works again :( however, I have yet to test it completely. I made a little mod that you may want to include in the next version. Using this snippet, ccleaner now will clean all the profiles on the computer (helpful in a domain). Also, if the code sucks it's due to my newbieness. I also put it on pastebin since I can't really point out the changes. http://pastebin.com/H4YwK3qR

All of these changes are in Scanners.au3

First:

#include <File.au3>
#include <Array.au3>

Second:

Func CCleaner()
    GUICtrlSetData($ETR,"Estimated Time: 1-3 Minutes")

;======define $count
;======
    Local $count
;======
;====== 

Local $success = DownloadFile("CCleaner","CCleaner.zip","http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/portable/downloadfile")
    If $success==False Then
        Return False
    EndIf
    ProcessClose("chrome.exe")
    ProcessClose("firefox.exe")
    ProcessClose("iexplore.exe")
    GUICtrlSetData($step,"CCleaner - Extracting...")
    LogState("")
    GUICtrlSetData($progress,0)
    DirRemove("CCleaner",1)
    _Zip_Unzip(@ScriptDir&"\CCleaner.zip","CCleaner.exe",@ScriptDir&"\CCleaner\",0)
    GUICtrlSetData($progress,50)
    _Zip_Unzip(@ScriptDir&"\CCleaner.zip","unicows.dll",@ScriptDir&"\CCleaner\",0)
    FileWrite("CCleaner\portable.dat","#PORTABLE#")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Start Menu Shortcuts","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Desktop Shortcuts","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)History","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Old Prefetch data","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Menu Order Cache","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Tray Notifications Cache","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Window Size/Location Cache","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)User Assist History","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)IIS Log Files","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Hotfix Uninstallers","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Custom Folders","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Wipe Free Space","False")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)DNS Cache","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Mozilla - Compact Databases","True")
    IniWrite("CCleaner\ccleaner.ini","Options","(App)Google Chrome - Compact Databases","True")

;>>>>>>>>>============================
;====== Cleaning all profiles ======
    ;~ Check for docs and settings for profiles
    $uList = _FileListToArray('C:\Documents and Settings')
    If @error = 1 Then
        Exit
    EndIf

For $i = 1 To $uList[0]

If $uList[$i] = "All Users" Or $uList[$i] = "Default User" Or $uList[$i] = "LocalService" Or $uList[$i] = "NetworkService" Then
        Else
            $count = $count + 1
            IniWrite('CCleaner\ccleaner.ini','Options', 'Include' & $count, 'PATH|C:\Documents and Settings\' & $uList[$i] & '\Local Settings\Temp\|*.*')
            $count = $count + 1
            IniWrite('CCleaner\ccleaner.ini', 'Options', 'Include' & $count, 'PATH|C:\Documents and Settings\' & $uList[$i] & '\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\|*.*')
    EndIf
    Next
    ;====== done modding ======
;========================
    FileInstall("Files\WinApp2.ini",@ScriptDir&"\CCleaner\WinApp2.ini")
    GUICtrlSetData($progress,0)
    GUICtrlSetData($step,"CCleaner - Executing Scan...")
    LogState("Check Tray Icon for Scan Status")
    ShellExecuteWait("CCleaner\CCleaner.exe","/AUTO")
    GUICtrlSetData($step,"CCleaner - Cleaning Up...")
    LogState("Removing Temporary Files")
;   FileDelete("CCleaner.zip")
    DirRemove("CCleaner",1)
EndFunc
Edited by navajow

wow i love what your doing with this program!!

I have some sugestions for future releases.

1. add combofix.exe to the scanners?

2. add smitfraudfix.exe to the scanners?

3. add a function to the begining of the script to detect what version of windows is running and disable the features that wont work on that version of windows? i have windows 7 and i had to uncheck a bunch of stuff in order to do a full scan with out it crashing.

@navajow

Thanks, but that mod is not very compatible.

It only accounts for xp installations in which the user profile directories are in the default location. It will break on windows Vista and 7. It will also not work when someone changes their profile name (the directory stays the same but the username changes).

Some sort of mod that makes CCleaner work on all user profiles may show up in the final version before the total rewrite, but it will be based on registry profiles not directories.

@M1MO5

Thanks for the feedback.

1. Unfortunately ComboFix has intentionally made its use very hard to automate. It also breaks on all 64 bit os'

2. SmitFraudFix encounters compatibility issues on OSs after XP.

3. You are most likely using 64 bit windows 7. Try recompiling with the 64 bit AutoIt.

One of the purposes of the rewrite (mentioned in earlier post) that I am sketching out is to allow for an efficient item removal interpreter. With this, I plan to add some interesting native features to the rewrite...

1. Native temp cleaning (eventually... hopefully... as comprehensive as CCleaner's but with multi-user support)

2. Bloat-ware Removal (just like a checkbox to uninstall a whole slew of bloat-ware/crapware)

3. Rogueware removal (this is the only thing i know of that AutoClean is missing before it becomes a full replacement for ComboFix and SmitFraudFix)

All of these would use the same internal definitions format and feed through the same routine, but have different definitions.

Edited by NerdFencer

Just a thank you for this fine piece of work! I think this program will likely save me loads of time, and it gets better with each update. I also have to admit I am highly impressed with the release cycle you are keeping with as well. You have many more admirers than are posting here, judging by the downloads, and that speaks volumes by itself.

Thanks for the glowing review :idea:

I just updated the source to version 2.5.1 to address a security vulnerability in cmd.exe

There are 2 registry locations (not used by any legitimate program I can find) that give the path to executables for cmd.exe to run before allowing the user to enter commands. The new option (located in the security tab) deletes these keys if they exist.

Thanks for the glowing review :idea:

I just updated the source to version 2.5.1 to address a security vulnerability in cmd.exe

There are 2 registry locations (not used by any legitimate program I can find) that give the path to executables for cmd.exe to run before allowing the user to enter commands. The new option (located in the security tab) deletes these keys if they exist.

This is an awesome product that I will continue to use. I have a question about compiling the autoclean into one executable. I see that there are a few other au3 files that autoclean is dependent on. What is the method for compiling everything into 1 executable.

Suggestion: I would like to create a single executable from your au3 files that I could host somewhere which would then be able to be downloaded to a folder on say %SystemDrive%/autoclean and then after everything ran I would like for the log file to be emailed using something like sendmail, and finally all of the work files in %SystemDrive%/autoclean would be set to delete (maybe via a local batch file that was copied to a folder outside of %SystemDrive%/autoclean.

Hi,

Love your script, but i must have done something wrong here.

Using win7 pro 64bit, i ran the script and after the reboot ended up in system recovery due to an inability to boot windows.

Any suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks in advance,

cz

I have only tested it in 32 bit OS's. Whatever the problem is, it is probably a 64 bit compatibility issue.

What options did you use?

Laughably all of them. I had used it on a 32bit machine and wasn't even thinking about my laptop being 64bit when i let it rip. Now I get the error code = 0x490 and boot into windows repair every time. And to think i do this for a living lol.

cz

any suggestions?