AutoClean

NerdFencer

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally fixed it, after poking around in the registry using a winPE boot disk I remembered that your script included a backup of the registry.

So I simply copy and pasted it over my modified registry and all is well.

Not sure what broke, but it seems like something related to the boot cycle and devices, for what its worth.

cz

I am curious,

I have run this on windows xp pc's with no problems, but on vista 32bit it caused the computer to no longer boot correctly. I fixed it, but am wondering what portion of the script would have caused that.

Also are there any other steps besides just installing autoit3 and then just running the script or am I missing something here?

cz

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, so far this looks to be awesome. I've only played with it on some test machines so far, but plan on using it for at least 4 infected machines tomorrow. I have really high hopes.

Thanks for all the great work, this will save me tons of time.

@CiscoZombie

I'm not entirely certain what portions of the script would mess up on windows Vista.

@AutomatedDefaults

Thats why I put checkboxes :)

So you can do what you want and no more

@All

I have put together a small team for this summer. We are going to rebuild AutoClean from the ground up in C++. I know that many people may not agree with the language change, but we need something faster. C++ will allow us to make more features native instead of downloaded and to create features not feasible in AutoIt, such as native rogue-ware removal. This time through, all the developers have different versions of windows including XP, Vista, and 7. With the increase in developers (from 1 to 3) we will have a better ability to debug and prevent errors from reaching distributed versions, especially with OS compatibility. We expect to have the first public alpha release out by the end of June. All work will be open source :idea:

-Matt

_________[u]UDFs[/u]_________-Mouse UDF-Math UDF-Misc Constants-Uninstaller Shell

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice to see how this is going, NerdFencer ;)

Sounds great that you're gonna do a complete rewrite with a larger team - good luck! :)

Downloaded latest version; few notes

- /simple doesnt work for me "Please select the problem you want to fix before pressing the Fix button"

- Using AutoClean on an infected computer will crash after I hit the Agree button (possibly due to ShellExecute - explorer.exe crashes very frequently on this system). However, it works fine from the command-line.

All the best

Grayfox

Edited by GrayFox

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

The original poster hasn't been online since November of 2011, he stated in a post above that he's changing it to using C++ which means you probably won't be seeing an update on this site, other than maybe a link to the new program if it's ever done.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

This is really nice and helpful at that. I have actually thought of starting something similar some time back but was not really sure how other people will be taking it in quite comfortably.

It really is needed to have programs concerned to cleanup the parts that are not needed.