runWait with system commands

Theo

As a part of a build follow up script, users need to do certain manual configurations because there are too many variables to plan for in the script. I am having a hard time finding a way to have the script pause and wait until these items are closed. This was my last attempt, but it did not work either. Thanks.

;   configure Drives
MsgBox (0, "Drive setup", "Please complete Drive Setup per project info" & @CRLF & "Close Disk Manager to continue", 5)
ShellExecuteWait( "c:\windows\system32\diskmgmt.msc" )

;   Configure and verify NIC settings
MsgBox (0, "Network Connections", "Please configure connections 1000F and disable IPv6 and unused NICs" & @CRLF & "Close Network Connections to continue", 5)
ShellExecuteWait( "c:\windows\system32\ncpa.cpl" )

Systems AdministratorSiemens: Windows Server SupportFly Fisher, Table Tennis Junkie, and Struggling Coder

You can always check if the newly created setup windows have disappeared. I'm not sure why your correct setup is not working.

In the case above, there is no waiting. It pulls up Disk Manager and then moves on to the next messageBox. Then opening of the .cpl fails with an unknown file extension. Using other means, runWait, the .cpl will open, but again there is no wait until closed.

Systems AdministratorSiemens: Windows Server SupportFly Fisher, Table Tennis Junkie, and Struggling Coder

Ok, will give it a try. both of those apps take a few seconds to launch so hopefully the script wont blow right by the winwait or otherwise. Thanks!