GUICtrlCreateExplorer > Tree

DarkBoost

Posted Image

I can not seem to find a feature within AutoIT which allows you to add an Explorer style file listing and wondering if there is a feature which does exist or is this a manual creation using GUICtrlCreateTree or calling DLL files etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

DarkBoost,

You will have to write your own function, I am afraid. :evil:

I had a go at this some time ago and gave up after a while. KaFu did a lot of work on a tree structure like this in his SMF utility (which you can find here) but I found it quite difficult to follow his code. That is not a criticism of his coding, it is just that the whole script is so integrated there were far too many variables popping into the tree-building code from elsewhere to follow it easily. There are some other attempts scattered over the forum, but none as satisfactory as KaFu's. ;)

In the end I decided to drop the whole idea and use the built-in FileSelectFolder and FileOpenDialog functions instead - that was enough for my purposes, given the amount of time it would have taken to develop my own tree structure function. :evil:

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Is it so long ago that you don't remember this topic Melba?? ;) I think the result was ok...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105121

Edit: heres an example of something similar (with the registry) that actually worked:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105321

Edited by Mat

• Moderators

Mat,

You are quite correct - I thought the OP was asking about a user-drawn tree which is a whole different kettle of fish. ;) You will be pleased to hear that I have an optician's appontment soon. :evil:

Thanks for the interjection. :evil:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

KaFu did a lot of work on a tree structure like this in his SMF utility... but I found it quite difficult to follow his code.

;), nice said, most of the time I myself dont understand what I did :evil:... thats why I did a rip-off some time ago which can be found here, though that one definitly needs an update as I again heavily modified it within SMF (better performance, Win7 compatability, saving of states)... will do in the next days :idea:...

Edit: Btw, take a look at the heavily customized listview update functions in the next SMF release, fast as hell, very responsive... dozends of unecessary variables and coding practice bend to the limits :evil:...

Edited by KaFu

• Moderators

KaFu,

I will take a look at that topic - thanks for pointing it out. ;)

M23

Spoiler