Sign in to follow this  
Keerwen

Stumped on a Script

Keerwen

I'm working on a script that will ask for a user's input and then use that input to create a Parent folder, then a gui opens with buttons that will copy the desired folders over with their current security permissions to the newly project folder. I can't get the $project varailble to work with dircopy or dircreate for some reason. Also i have tried using xcopy to get it to work but that doesn't work either. I tried also using the dirmove and that deleted all the structures underneath the parent folder.

;Funtcion Create Project Number
$project = inputbox ("Project Number", "Project Number")

GUICreate ("Project Number")
$Yesquals=GUICtrlCreateButton("Need Quals", 1,4,375,32)
$Yescadd=GUICtrlCreateButton("Need CADD Folders", 1, 64, 375, 32)
GUISetstate ()

While 1
$msg=GUIGetMsg ()
if $msg=-3 then Exit
IF $msg=$yesquals then button1 ()
if $msg=$yescadd then button3 ()
WEnd

Func Button1 ()
        DirCopy ("c:\temp\projects\2010\seed\quals", "c:\temp\projects\2010\$project\quals")
EndFunc

Func button3 ()
    dircopy ("c:\temp\projects\2010\seed\CADD", "c:\temp\projects\2010\$project\CADD")
    dircopy ("C:\Temp\Projects\2010\Seed\Projectmgt", "c:\temp\ptojects\2010\$project\projectmgt")
EndFunc

Keerwen

OK i fixed the variable part but my func button3 won't run the 2nd dircopy.

Keerwen

yeah i have that issue fixed but the DirCopy("C:\Temp\Projects\2010\Seed\Projectmgt", "c:\temp\ptojects\2010\" & $project & "\projectmgt") isn't working. also they don't copy the permissins over or at least not in windows 7.