Minimize SciTE

somdcomputerguy

This isn't a whole script, just a code snippet I use in a script that I'm constantly editing.

These two snips minimize the Editor when the script is started (F5 or Alt-t+g), then maximize and ControlSend {F8} to the editor when the script ends. I have used this only in scripts that generate their own GUI, but I guess it can be used for a non-GUI script as well. Maybe someone else will find this as useful as I have.

I have this code at the top of the script

If WinGetState(" - SciTE", "") = 47 Then WinSetState(" - SciTE", "", @SW_MINIMIZE)

And this code in the beginning of whatever 'exit' function I have defined

If WinGetState(" - SciTE", "") = 23 Then
 WinSetState(" - SciTE", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)
 ControlSend(" - SciTE", "", 350, "{F8}")
EndIf

Edit: I just changed the code because it didn't work the way I wanted it to..

Edited by snowmaker

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

• Developers

Just wondering: Why would you want to do this?

I like it normally to stay up because of the possible debugging statements in the code which will display information in the SciTE output Pane.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Mainly I use it because I found myself minimizing SciTE when the script was run from it, then restoring SciTE and getting rid of the pane to make a change to the script. I prefer a large output pane, but when editing my code I don't want the pane at all. While it is basically only 3 or 4 extra clicks that this code eliminates, I found it useful enough to think maybe someone else would too.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

• Developers

Mainly I use it because I found myself minimizing SciTE when the script was run from it, then restoring SciTE and getting rid of the pane to make a change to the script. I prefer a large output pane, but when editing my code I don't want the pane at all. While it is basically only 3 or 4 extra clicks that this code eliminates, I found it useful enough to think maybe someone else would too.

Understand this could be useful when you do not need the SciTE Outputpane at all for coding. The most logical place to implement it would be in the Run Section of AutoIt3Wrapper to facilitate this via some Directives: One for Minimizing SciTE while running and one for showing the outputpane.

Wondering if others would find this useful to implement?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Moderators

Jos,

I can think of occasions when it could be useful - but I am not sure that I would remember to add the Directive until after a good few runs! :D

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area