_ArrayToString not converting to string

meatsack

I give up. I know I should use _ArrayToString to convert my excel column which is an array to a string variable, but how? When I try and debug it I usually end up with just one cell's data reported in the message box or no data at all. Once I get it into a string then I can debug it with the message box. Thanks in advance for any help.

$aArray = _ExcelReadSheetToArray($oExcel, 1, 2)
;Local $aArray = StringSplit("a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i", ",")
_ArrayToClip($aArray, 1)
MsgBox(0, "_ArrayToClip() Test", ClipGet())
Local $sString = ClipGet()
;Local $sString = _ArrayToString($aArray, @TAB, 2, 4)
;$sCellValue2 = _ArrayToString($aArray, @TAB, 1, 3)

;$sString_Indirect2 = ""
;For $i = 2 To 4
;    $sString_Indirect2 &= '"' & $aArray[$i] & '" '
;Next

[autoit ]I can't use, Dim $avArray[20] as sometimes it will be more than 20 items or elements.

_ArrayDisplay($avArray, "$avArray")

The following doesn't work as sometimes I have more than 7 elements sometimes less: MsgBox(0, "_ArrayToString() getting $avArray items 1 to 7", _ArrayToString($avArray, @TAB, 1, 7))[/autoit]

Again involving the clipboard for simple things???

You should use more _ArrayDisplay.

If _ArrayToString doesn't work properly (which I seriously doubt ...) what prevents you to use a For/Next statement for that particular column and write your own "_ArrayToString-equivalent" function?

I'm sure you are making a mistake somewhere because that function works (I can't see any _ArrayDisplay($aArray) anywhere in your script - how can you expect to work with an array if you don't know how it is looking like?).

Less hurry, more thinking.

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

Oh that was cool, ah ha now I can see what I am doing with this data juggling. As long as I can see what is in my variable and I can put what I see into a variable I can figure alot out from that. Thanks. I guess I didn't need that shitty high school algebra 101 then remedial algebra after all.

Again involving the clipboard for simple things???

You should use more _ArrayDisplay. how can you expect to work with an array if you don't know how it is looking like?).

Less hurry, more thinking.