Scripts will not compile

Hey all, I am having a lot of difficulty in trying to compile my scripts. I am really not sure what is going on, but when I try to compile my script, the compile fails, leaving behind a damaged executable (instead of a nice, working one). I get this error when I try to compile: "Error: Failed to append script data to end of updated executable. Try recompiling your script.rc:2".

• I have tried moving the outfile to a different location, sometimes it works, usually it does not.
  • I am running Windows 7 x64, with the latest AutoIT (v3.3.6.0)
  • I am using SciTE to edit and compile my scripts and I have it set to run as Administrator, since some of my scripts need the elevated privileges during testing.
  • I have tried running SciTE in Compatibility Mode for XPSP3, with no success
  • I have tried using the context menu on my script to compile the script directly, without SciTE, but it still fails to compile properly.
  • The folders and files I am working with are on my local computer, and my user account has full permissions (Full Control) over all files contained therein. I am also the owner of all of these files.
  • This same error seems to be occurring on every script I try to compile now. Please help. Posted Image
Below is the full output from the SciTE log. The warnings are OK, as these variables are declared inside of an include, and the option 'MustDeclareVars' is set to true.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "C:\Users\00458609\Documents\Projects\AutoIT-PPA-v3\PPA-Service.au3"
+>10:28:41 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.0.1.22   Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_7/ CPU:X64 OS:X64)
-> 1 Change(s) made.
>Running AU3Check (1.54.19.0) from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3
C:\Users\00458609\Documents\Projects\AutoIT-PPA-v3\includes\Includes-SQLite.au3(18,26) : WARNING: $SQL_DBFILE: possibly used before declaration.
    _SQLite_Open($SQL_DBFILE)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\00458609\Documents\Projects\AutoIT-PPA-v3\includes\Includes-XML.au3(39,84) : WARNING: $INTERNET_SERVICE_HTTP: possibly used before declaration.
    Local $internetconnect = _WinINet_InternetConnect($internet,$INTERNET_SERVICE_HTTP,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\00458609\Documents\Projects\AutoIT-PPA-v3\includes\Includes-XML.au3(39,97) : WARNING: $SERVER_ADDR: possibly used before declaration.
    Local $internetconnect = _WinINet_InternetConnect($internet,$INTERNET_SERVICE_HTTP,$SERVER_ADDR,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
C:\Users\00458609\Documents\Projects\AutoIT-PPA-v3\PPA-Service.au3 - 0 error(s), 3 warning(s)
->10:28:43 AU3Check ended.rc:1
>Running:(3.3.6.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Users\00458609\Documents\Projects\AutoIT-PPA-v3\PPA-Service.au3" /out "C:\Users\00458609\Documents\Projects\AutoIT-PPA-v3\build\PPA-Service.exe" /nopack /icon "C:\Users\00458609\Documents\Projects\AutoIT-PPA-v3\cnu-ppa-icon.ico" /comp 2
+>10:28:45 Aut2exe.exe ended.rc:0
>10:28:45 Performing the Program Resource Update steps:
...>Updating Program Version information.
!>10:28:46 Error: Failed to append script data to end of updated executable. Try recompiling your script.rc:2
>Exit code: 0   Time: 5.214

I have no idea but maybe some guesses.

First I would try deleting the exe before compiling.

Then I would see if turning off my antivirus program made any difference because it might be preventing the modification to an exe.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

I have no idea but maybe some guesses.

First I would try deleting the exe before compiling.

Then I would see if turning off my antivirus program made any difference because it might be preventing the modification to an exe.

Martin, you are my hero! While I had previously been deleting the executable file before compiling, I had not thought to check my antivirus (ESET's NOD32 Antivirus 4). Having had the software for years, I wouldn't have guessed that it would [just recently] cause a problem, but sure enough, as soon as I turned off the real-time protection, it compiled. And when re-activated, it failed to compile. So, now I have an exception in for my project directory and it works just fine with the antivirus running normally.

I had gotten so frustrated with it, that I had missed one of the "top 5" things to check. Goes to prove that a second pair of eyes never hurts. :( Thank you again!!! :mellow: