Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bonzer

Get info about latest opened window ?

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi !

Is there some kind of script / function, that can get me all the details about a IE Window i just opened, using MouseClick ?

Position, Name, Size etc. etc....?

Edited by Bonzer

You could certainly write such a script. Look at WinGetHandle(), WinGetPos(), etc. in the help file.

This forum is not intended to write scripts on request. Start writing it and get help as needed to finish it. Post what you've got so far for more help.

:(

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

You could certainly write such a script. Look at WinGetHandle(), WinGetPos(), etc. in the help file.

This forum is not intended to write scripts on request. Start writing it and get help as needed to finish it. Post what you've got so far for more help.

I had not expected that there was someone who would make the whole code to me.

I found this example here, and would therefore hear what I have to write instead of notepad if it is an Internet Explorer window i should use ...

; Identify the Notepad window that contains the text "this one" and get a handle to it

; Change into the WinTitleMatchMode that supports classnames and handles
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

; Get the handle of a notepad window that contains "this one"
$handle = WinGetHandle("classname=Notepad", "this one")
If @error Then
    MsgBox(4096, "Error", "Could not find the correct window")
Else
    ; Send some text directly to this window's edit control
    ControlSend($handle, "", "Edit1", "AbCdE")
EndIf
Edited by Bonzer

For working with IE, you want things like _IEAttach() and _IEPropertyGet(). See the help file, and try the example scripts there.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law