extraction of file

EDIT::::::

my new question(solved last one)

how can i make the script to extract "Extract Here" i mean with winrar..since everyone has it.

this is what i did

ShellExecute("1Update.exe", "", "", "Extract Here")
    Sleep(1000)

and it gave me a pc error ( this file has no prgram asssociated with it...etc.... ) can any1 help me ? al want to is to extract that .exe with the "Extract Here" or instal all files from it somehow without poping up window... thnx..

EDIT::i just tryed also this

myfile.exe is supposed to be a rar file (.sfx file)

FileInstal("myfile.exe", '', "", "myfile.exe")
Sleep(1000)
MsgBox("Update", "blablablabla...")
Edited by TomaSzz

i mean with winrar..since everyone has it.

That's a bit of an exageration. Since XP came out I recomend to clients that they NEVER install WinRAR since Windows has native zip file support, and if you ever send me an rar file it gets returned unopened. I don't have the patience to load my system with unnecessary crap when MS builds enough of it in. On top of that I stopped using WinRAR years ago in favor of 7Zip which is the compression engine used by WinRAR anyway and I seldom even use that anymore simply because I've re-discovered makecab.exe and Extract.exe. I hadn't used them in years until recently and that was because 7zip doesn't always play well with .cab files. I also make sure I have Universal extractor installed which handles pretty much everything I need and it was written using AutoIt.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

That's a bit of an exageration. Since XP came out I recomend to clients that they NEVER install WinRAR since Windows has native zip file support, and if you ever send me an rar file it gets returned unopened. I don't have the patience to load my system with unnecessary crap when MS builds enough of it in. On top of that I stopped using WinRAR years ago in favor of 7Zip which is the compression engine used by WinRAR anyway and I seldom even use that anymore simply because I've re-discovered makecab.exe and Extract.exe. I hadn't used them in years until recently and that was because 7zip doesn't always play well with .cab files. I also make sure I have Universal extractor installed which handles pretty much everything I need and it was written using AutoIt.

well ye i love 7zip too :)

can u answer my post then with using 7zip? :idea:

and im trying to make stupid button for 2h that

Case $min
@SW_MINIMIZE

but fails.. tryed otehr ways too ..

If your using a RAR SFX then this may work. /S will intiate automatic extraction. You need to specify a path to the SFX file unless the current directory is where the file is.

$exitcode = RunWait('"Path\To\RARsfx.exe" /S')

This will extract 7zip files with folder structure and skips existent files.

$exitcode = RunWait('"' & @ProgramFilesDir & '\7-Zip\7z.exe" x -aos "' & @ScriptDir & '\*.7z"', '', @SW_HIDE)

The help files for either application tells you available CLI switches that you can use. :idea: