Updating Gui controls problem

This is a label control I have (all #includes are ok, and omitted here in the code):

Global $DataIniziale="2010/01/01"
Global $DataFormattata=StringRight($DataIniziale,2) & '/' & StringMid($DataIniziale,6,2) & '/' & StringLeft($DataIniziale,4)
Global $LabelData = GUICtrlCreateLabel($DataFormattata, 16, 64, 170, 18, $SS_CENTER)

Ok, then when the date changes, i need to make it change too in the label. I made a function that changes the date, then when i have done with the function, i put this line:

GUICtrlSetData($LabelData,$DataFormattata)

But the label doesn't update.

PS: i need $Dataformattata because it puts the date in the format of my country)

Only solution i found is putting Guictrlsetdata like this:

GUICtrlSetData($LabelData,StringRight($DataIniziale,2) & '/' & StringMid($DataIniziale,6,2) & '/' & StringLeft($DataIniziale,4))

But putting it as a variable just won't work... Why?

Nothing bad to have it like this. But putting it as variable would make the code shorter and smoother

Edited by niubbone

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiDateTimePicker.au3>
#include <StaticConstants.au3>

#Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=
$Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 215, 86, -1, -1)
$DataIniziale="2010/01/01"
$Date1 = GUICtrlCreateDate($DataIniziale, 16, 8, 186, 21)
_GUICtrlDTP_SetFormat(GUICtrlGetHandle($Date1), "yyyy/MM/dd")
$LabelData = GUICtrlCreateLabel(_FormatDate($DataIniziale), 16, 64, 170, 18, $SS_CENTER)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
#EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ###

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $Date1
            $DataIniziale = GUICtrlRead($Date1)
            MsgBox(0, "New Value of $DataIniziale", $DataIniziale)
            GUICtrlSetData($LabelData, _FormatDate($DataIniziale))
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _FormatDate($sDate)
    Return StringRight($sDate,2) & '/' & StringMid($sDate,6,2) & '/' & StringLeft($sDate,4)
EndFunc

edit: added the two / to line _GUICtrlDTP_SetFormat(GUICtrlGetHandle($Date1), "yyyy/MM/dd")

Edited by Yoriz
GDIPlusDispose - A modified version of GDIPlus that auto disposes of its own objects before shutdown of the Dll using the same function Syntax as the original.EzMySql UDF - Use MySql Databases with autoit with syntax similar to SQLite UDF.

took me some minutes to figure what the hell was that lol

By the way it doesn't work.

If i got it well, that guictrldtp_setdata set all the dates a control receives in a predefined format.

So i did:

#include <GuiDateTimePicker.au3>
Global $LabelData = GUICtrlCreateLabel($DataIniziale, 16, 64, 170, 18, $SS_CENTER)
_GUICtrlDTP_SetFormat(GUICtrlGetHandle($LabelData), "dd/MM/yyyy")
PassADay($Date);Function to make a day pass, not specified here, just put it to give the idea
GUICtrlSetData($LabelData,$DataIniziale)

Nothing changed. I solved it in another longer way. That thing doesnt work properly and doesn't format the date.

It works fine , did you change the date on the date picker, _GUICtrlDTP_SetFormat is only there to format the GUICtrlCreateDate , i made a date picker so it created a new date to reformat, it then shows a msgbox of the date picked formated like your original date 2010/01/01 it then uses function _FormatDate to return the passed unformated date and updates the label with GUICtrlSetData.

Edit: i see why it wouldnt run for you , when i copyNpasted i did not get the #includes at the top, modified the post above.

Edited by Yoriz
GDIPlusDispose - A modified version of GDIPlus that auto disposes of its own objects before shutdown of the Dll using the same function Syntax as the original.EzMySql UDF - Use MySql Databases with autoit with syntax similar to SQLite UDF.