Artificial Intelligence Project

DJKMan

Ever since August of 2009 I've been working on something called Project A.L.I.C.E.

I'll cut to the chase. To begin using Alice there is no AutoIt compiling necessary. To begin, go to http://facebook.com/ProjectAliceAI

Just go there and say hi! What about it, you say? Well, Alice is entirely coded in AutoIt! (She's not aware of that though so keep that in mind.)

Why am I telling you this if there's no source code? Simple. I'm wondering if you'd like to add something to her to make her better. Just for the record Alice will never be for profit (unlike other software out there that charge for the same thing that Alice can do for free.)

How can you help? Easy! Post a function with a return and a keyword that shall trigger the said function. Here's an example:

This triggers the word of the day when you request Alice "What is today's word of the day?"

;Dictionary.com Word of the Day by DJKMan
#include-once
#include <string.au3>
#include <Inet.au3>
Global $quote=""""

$ret=_WordOfTheDay()
ConsoleWrite($ret&@CRlf)

Func _WordOfTheDay()
$source=_INetGetSource("http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/wotd.rss")
$source=StringReplace($source,"<description>Free online dictionary, thesaurus and reference guide, crossword puzzles and other word games, online translator and Word of the Day.</description>","")
$source=StringReplace($source,"<description>A new word is presented every day with its definition and example sentences from actual published works.</description>","")
$string=_StringBetween($source,"<description>","</description")

If IsArray($String) Then
$word=$String[0]
Else
$word="I'm sorry. I could not find the word of the day."&@CRLF&@CRLF&"-Technical Error: Not an Array-"
EndIf

Return $word
EndFunc

The above is nothing complicated (and obviously could be coded to be better and cleaner) but adding more code snippets like that to improve Alice little by little will make her better and smarter over the long run.

Care to share any of your ideas?

I have. Unfortunately, they could never load any of the AIML files. What separates Alice from the rest is the fact that she uses several different online databases. She's not just a chat bot but also a research bot. :mellow: