[HELP] Website blocker

@ Jos,

The reason he keeps asking for a source code is because can't understand things very fast.

English isn't his favorite language.

But I think he IS willing to learn.

Edited by AlmarM

Minesweeper

A minesweeper game created in autoit, source available.

_Mouse_UDF

An UDF for registering functions to mouse events, made in pure autoit.

2D Hitbox Editor

A 2D hitbox editor for quick creation of 2D sphere and rectangle hitboxes.

• Developers

The host file blockes sites when i enter local ip the site blockes but when i enter a site int dont work

Have you opened the HOSTS file any looked for what a host record should look like?

Have you done any research (Google) on the subject?

Try to understand what it is you really want to accomplish before asking all these questions.. this is really the only way to really learn.

By the way: The Host file's only purpose in live is to resolve Hostnames to Ip addresses or the other way around.

@AlmarM, If I had the impression he is really unwilling I would not be spending time here :mellow:

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Ok so i found a site. http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/

So the hosts file reads only IP adress ?

sigh... study this page and make a start figuring things out by yourself: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hosts_file

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Local $HostPath = (@SystemDir & "\drivers\etc\hosts")
FileSetAttrib($HostPath, "-R")
If FileWriteLine($HostPath, "127.0.0.1" & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($url)) Then
    MsgBox(64, "Site Added!", GUICtrlRead($url))
EndIf
FileSetAttrib($HostPath, "+R")

btw ..

I did some testing

I did some researching

The research varies. Some say anywhere from 7 to 30 spaces. (I never really understood THAT anyways)

Some say, you must clear the internet cache and reboot - while others say, "and you're good to go!"

I found after doing some testing (and not really sure about the spaces - you got me doubting that Jos),

it doesn't seem to matter. I wonder why there would be disinfo on this one issue? I suppose it doesn't matter.

Anyways, the above code should work ... tested and it works

"The mediocre teacher tells. The Good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." -William Arthur Ward

MS used to say a minimum of 4 white space characters. Their own sample uses tab characters and I think it's only 3 tabs. I'm pretty sure that limitation was removed after the 9x systems but it must contain some white space (obviously).

As for getting the new entry to work, the most I've ever had to do was restart the browser (seldom) but then again I'm always set to clear the cache on exiting the browser.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

Glad to see that this "stone age man" was able to create some doubt. :mellow:

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Local $HostPath = (@SystemDir & "\drivers\etc\hosts")
FileSetAttrib($HostPath, "-R")
If FileWriteLine($HostPath, "127.0.0.1" & @TAB & GUICtrlRead($url)) Then
    MsgBox(64, "Site Added!", GUICtrlRead($url))
EndIf
FileSetAttrib($HostPath, "+R")

btw ..

I did some testing

I did some researching

The research varies. Some say anywhere from 7 to 30 spaces. (I never really understood THAT anyways)

Some say, you must clear the internet cache and reboot - while others say, "and you're good to go!"

I found after doing some testing (and not really sure about the spaces - you got me doubting that Jos),

it doesn't seem to matter. I wonder why there would be disinfo on this one issue? I suppose it doesn't matter.

Anyways, the above code should work ... tested and it works

Ok, is there any way to make a website URL to a IP, becomes the site i have is hosted on a server and it would be nice to make like a proxy ip for the website URL. Any Ideas ?