Control Question

Has anyone ever seen a control like this and been able to manipulate it with a script?

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: NetUIHWND

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: NetUIHWND1

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:NetUIHWND; INSTANCE:1]

ID:

Text:

Position: 3, 53

Size: 198, 633

ControlClick Coords: 96, 205

Style: 0x56000000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x00280162

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

LurchMan,

On the program controls that I cannot get the Controls methods from the helpfile to work then I am forced to use SendKeys.

jfcby

Edited by jfcby

Determined -- Devoted -- Delivered Make your mind up -- to seriously apply yourself -- accomplishing the desired results. **** A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. Proverbs 15:1 KJB ****

Has anyone ever seen a control like this and been able to manipulate it with a script?

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: NetUIHWND

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: NetUIHWND1

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:NetUIHWND; INSTANCE:1]

ID:

Text:

Position: 3, 53

Size: 198, 633

ControlClick Coords: 96, 205

Style: 0x56000000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x00280162

That looks fine, ControlGetHandle should work with that. What have you tired and what is the problem?

There is a tool in my sig that might help. Gets the handle to just about anything.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Thanks for the replies

jfcby - Send keys won't work with this...already tried that

bo8ster - ControlGetHandle gets the handle just fine but when I try to use ControlGetText or something similar it returns a blank value. I'm basically trying to get the info that is available in the left pane of outlook 2003 (ex: mailboxes). I've been searching for objects for Outlook 2003, registry keys anything that would tell me the info that I want to know.

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

I would guess that NetUIHWND controls are closely related with DirectUIHWND controls... and AFAIK nobody mastered those yet...

That's not the answer I was looking for but I guess its at least an answer. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the replies

jfcby - Send keys won't work with this...already tried that

bo8ster - ControlGetHandle gets the handle just fine but when I try to use ControlGetText or something similar it returns a blank value. I'm basically trying to get the info that is available in the left pane of outlook 2003 (ex: mailboxes). I've been searching for objects for Outlook 2003, registry keys anything that would tell me the info that I want to know.

In short this seems to be something like a toolbar control. The buttons are contained with the toolbar control which is a container. This explains why ControlGetText returns blank and given the tool output, i would expect that. I don't believe the values are in the registry.

You may be able to use WinGetClassList($urContolHande, "") to drill more else you will have to resort to the mouse.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]