Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rex

switch sound output on win 7

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I use win7 as a mce, i have 2 sound out the hdmi out and a optical out, the way i now change between the out puts is to click my shortcut to cound on the desktop, then right click the output method and then choose use as standart sound thing :blink: , what i want to do is creat a script that change the default output (switch between em) when i click at it, but i have no idea how to read what win does when changing output, so i hoped that some one at this forum could help me, by telling what soft i should use to capture the handle of output changing.

Cheers

/Rex

As of Vista there's not API for that anymore:blink:...

I've coded a sound switcher using controlclicks to chose either my PC-speakers or my sound system in my living room as the default output device, if you're interested I'll post it later in the evening.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

As of Vista there's not API for that anymore:blink:...

I've coded a sound switcher using controlclicks to chose either my PC-speakers or my sound system in my living room as the default output device, if you're interested I'll post it later in the evening.

Hi

That would be cool ;)

I did a lot of google, but all i found was people complaining over the missing function to stream over multiply outputs in win7

Cheers

/Rex

:Edit TypO

Edited by Rex