Sign in to follow this  
gr1fter

Marquee Progress Bar - make the bar width larger?

gr1fter

I can't seem to find the way to make the width of the bar that is marquee any wider that what is in the picture, which is the default size.

is there way to make it wider? Thanks

; Marquee Progress Bar for Capture and Restore Long Processes=============================================================================================
Func mprogress()
    $mprogress = GUICtrlCreateProgress(40, 205, 350, 12, BitOr ($PBS_MARQUEE,$PBS_SMOOTH))

_SendMessage(GUICtrlGetHandle(-1), $PBM_SETMARQUEE, True, 50) ; final parameter is update time in ms

GUISetState()
EndFunc

How it is now...

Posted Image

How I would like to make it (photoshopped)

Posted Image

Thanks,

PsaltyDS

Shows a sliding bar of about 20% of the total width for me:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ProgressConstants.au3>
#Include <SendMessage.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 400, 300)
$idProgress = GUICtrlCreateProgress(20, 140, 360, 20, BitOr ($PBS_MARQUEE,$PBS_SMOOTH))
$hProgress = GUICtrlGetHandle($idProgress)
_SendMessage($hProgress, $PBM_SETMARQUEE, True, 20) ; final parameter is update time in ms
GUISetState()

Do
    Sleep(10)
Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

It's got a fuzzy pastel eye-candy style applied by default, too (on Vista).

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

gr1fter

Shows a sliding bar of about 20% of the total width for me:

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <ProgressConstants.au3>
#Include <SendMessage.au3>

$hGUI = GUICreate("Test", 400, 300)
$idProgress = GUICtrlCreateProgress(20, 140, 360, 20, BitOr ($PBS_MARQUEE,$PBS_SMOOTH))
$hProgress = GUICtrlGetHandle($idProgress)
_SendMessage($hProgress, $PBM_SETMARQUEE, True, 20) ; final parameter is update time in ms
GUISetState()

Do
    Sleep(10)
Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE

It's got a fuzzy pastel eye-candy style applied by default, too (on Vista).

;)

I think this is an xp only issue, the marquee looks great in Vista/Win7. However looks bad in XP w/ Classic mode. I am forced to omit the PBS_SMOOTH for it to look right. I would like to keep SMOOTH because it looks better but i can't use a progress bar that is that thin. (in my first picture)

PsaltyDS

If I add this line to my script (removes themes from the script's app), I get a similar issue with the small block:

DllCall("uxtheme.dll", "none", "SetThemeAppProperties", "int", 0)

So you might investigate themes you could apply (I don't have XP to test right now). For example:

Global $STAP_ALLOW_NONCLIENT = 0x01
Global $STAP_ALLOW_CONTROLS = 0x02
Global $STAP_ALLOW_WEBCONTENT = 0x04

DllCall("uxtheme.dll", "none", "SetThemeAppProperties", "int", $STAP_ALLOW_CONTROLS)

;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law