BMP - another media player v 1.7

BrewManNH

I have updated the source code again for the media player, see the notes in the first post for the updates for this version. Version is now 1.6, also I realized that I had inadvertantly deleted the support files so I have uploaded them again as well as the source code update.

Where is the AudioGenie3.au3?

Where is the AudioGenie3.au3?

Whoops, you can delete that line from the script. I must have left it in after trying to get AudioGenie to work with it and failed. It's the line that says, #include <audiogenie.au3> at the top of the script.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Whoops, you can delete that line from the script. I must have left it in after trying to get AudioGenie to work with it and failed. It's the line that says, #include <audiogenie.au3> at the top of the script.

another error:

#include <ExtMsgBox.au3> cannot be found

and it semms important for the script. cuz when I try to open a music it says [ERROR - line 898]:

Unknown function name.:
_ExtMsgBox(64, 0, "No Files", "No music found at that location", 2)

How2Fix it?

Seems like I was asleep at the switch when I updated the files last time. I have reuploaded the files, and the support files as well. I have included the ExtMsgBox.au3 UDF and its support files as well as removing the AudioGenie include line in the main file.

I apologize for that, I will have to be much more careful in the future. :x

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Damn. now there isn't missing au3 :x

But:
Line406
$Timer = TimerInit()
^ERROR

Error: Cannot assign values to constants

I watched the options and found the problem. I have to tick the formations. (mp3, wav, wma etc...)

But now:

Line 1019 (File"....")
$aLV_Items[$LV_Contetnts +$I] = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($String, $Listview)
^ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number pf subscripts or subscript dimension reage exceeded.

Any idea to fix it?

I have reuploaded (again) the BMPfiles.zip archive with the corrected ExtMsgBox.au3 file, I had modified the original UDF by Melba23 with a couple of tweaks and I uploaded the unmodified version the previous time. I have also corrected, at least I think I have, the errors you were getting plus I fixed an error I found with the Next and Previous button functions that weren't working as I intended.

What are you doing when that error occurs? It's hard to track down what's causing it as that function is used frequently.

What are you doing when that error occurs? It's hard to track down what's causing it as that function is used frequently.

Start Bobs_Media_Player_1_7.au3

Music library not found..... -> No

File

Add to song library

Choose a folder

OK

Building Library [picture] but b4 it finish:

'ERROR'

OK

Script-Exitted

Edited by Warning

See the latest version in the first post, it should eliminate that error. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Ok, great program -> when its gonna work!

It works for the most part, no need to be snippy. You can always look at the source yourself and fix what you think needs fixing.

same problem as reported above -> create new playlist -> yes -> cant find any songs

I think the problem occures because the ini file is empty :|

Correct me if i'm wrong, lines 877 - 891 he creates a "search" statement for songs, thought line 875

$FileTypesRead = IniReadSection($IniFile, "FileTypes")

it reads nothing, so the search statement is empty, so no files found...

Could u include the ini file in the ZIP?

Thanks,

Jeffrey

I've corrected the .ini file issue, now if the file types aren't in the .ini file, then it will create them first and will read all the types the program is set to read now.

p.s. no need to correct me :x add

$FileTypes = "*.MP3;"
to line 893 and you'll be able to load mp3 files... THOUGHT there are way more configurations in the ini file, so I would still really appriciate it if you could upload it :shifty:

That was one thought I had, but I figured that I would improve on it by doing it the right way.

The source file in the first post has been updated to fix the empty .ini issue. There's no point in including an .ini file with the source as it's constantly being updated and changed by the program itself. There are a few settings saved in the .ini file and if the file doesn't exist, there's a default setting for all of them except for the file types to search for.

I have also included a bug fix in case someone chooses to create a new music list but hits cancel when asked what folder to search. Having never done this, the problem never showed up for me until I actually tried something like that. :P