Scite problems!

Hi, no matter how many times a reinstall scite, when i go to tools it doesnt give all of the cool tools like gui builder and the other tools, also when i'm starting to type out a word like "While" for example on my other computer when i type "Wh' a tool tip pops up showing me all of the words that start with "Wh" and for some reason it doesnt do that any more. also, i recently installed beta, could that have any thing to do with it??

Thanks in advanced.

Edited by trickytroy

[quote]Randy:This is for what?! Arresting me for what?! I'm not allowed to stand up for myself?! I thought this was America! Huh? Isn't this America?! I'm sorry! I thought this was America![/quote]

Ya its saved as an .au3.

[quote]Randy:This is for what?! Arresting me for what?! I'm not allowed to stand up for myself?! I thought this was America! Huh? Isn't this America?! I'm sorry! I thought this was America![/quote]

Does the file have an .au3 extension?

Those tools only show with the proper file.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You need to have the following in the root of the SciTe folder:

au3.properties

au3.keyword.properties

au3abbrev.properties

You also need an API folder which handles the calltip popups:

API\au3.api

All of the calltip popups come from the au3.properties file pointing to the au3.api where the calltips are housed.

There are quite a few more utilities inside that you need. Make sure you are using the latest version and are not using an old shortcut. SciTe in general does not require registry settings so you can pretty much have 5 different versions of SciTe and are using the wrong .exe.

[font="Optima"]"Those who heed life with speculation and contemplation, are the ones stuck home with constipation." - Joel[/font]