Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roofninja

problems reading and then displaying data from output file

4 posts in this topic

I am having problems getting the correct output from this file that is generated by some other programs. The first line works perfectly, but the second line just gives me an "N". I want it to say "Latitude E5500" I have tried different variations of FileRead, FileReadLine, and _FileReadToArray without any success.

For some reason in the ouput file, the line that is generated, has spaces between the letters and that is throwing me off. What am I doing wrong here?

I have attached the output file.

My brain has gone numb thinking about this.

#include <String.au3>
#Include <File.au3>

$file1 = FileOpen(@ScriptDir&"\comp2.txt", 0)
If $file1 = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open comp.txt file.")
    Exit
EndIf
$01 = StringStripWS(FileReadLine($file1,1),8)
$01 = StringTrimLeft($01,18)

$02 = FileReadLine($file1,3)

MsgBox(64,"","line 1_"&$01&@CRLF&@CRLF&"line 2_"&$02)

RUN . . . Slide . . . TAG . . . Your out . . . PAINTBALL !!!

Hello roofninja,

I see a couple difficulties with this particular file. First, it has ASCII characters which hinder your filereading to string. Second, the line you are attempting to grab is actually on multiple lines. The data you you want is actually on line 5 with all the ASCII Cursor Returns an Linefeed characters. you can view how the file actually looks with Notepad++ or Scite.

Lets use StringRegExpReplace() to filter out the characters we need. Again, use Scite or Notepad++ to view you file, in cases like this it will show you the hidden ASCII characters, and actual line formating.

Try This:

#include <String.au3>
#Include <File.au3>

$file1 = FileOpen(@ScriptDir&"\comp2.txt", 0)
If $file1 = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open comp.txt file.")
    Exit
EndIf
$01 = StringTrimLeft(StringStripWS(FileReadLine($file1,1),8),18) ; shortened your code by 1 line.

$02= StringRegExpReplace(FileReadLine($file1,5), "[^\sa-zA-Z0-9òàùèéì]", "") ;note I changed the line to read
MsgBox(64,"","line 1_"&$01&@CRLF&@CRLF&"line 2_"&$02)

Tested and worked for me with the file provided.

Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry.  

Thanks for the help. It makes since now. I didn't think to use that command. That worked.

RUN . . . Slide . . . TAG . . . Your out . . . PAINTBALL !!!

Thanks for the help.

My pleasure, I had the time :graduated:

Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry.