Checkbox and Array problem

LMTA

Because your saving the Gui result into a local (to function) variable.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

... or ByRef it.

see Posted Image on functions. (and variable declaration and variable scope, dim, local, global)

Edited by MvGulik

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

Knock Knock ...

@ZacUSNYR and @MvGulik: Thanks for the suggestions, I will give it a try!

I have declared the $Map1, 2, 3 and 4 values globally, therefore I was expecting that these global variables would be updated.

BTW: I do read the manual before I put a question here. However, it's not always clear for a noob as myself why things sometimes do not work as I expect them to...

Edited by LMTA

BTW: I do read the manual before I put a question here. However, it's not always clear for a noob as myself why things sometimes do not work as I expect them to...

No shame in quoting a part of the help file that seems unclear, and if needed specifying what it is you think it means or showing some code that is not doing what you think it should be doing. Great way to get some additional information. And maybe even some example codes that shows how it works and what the pitfalls might be.

:x

Knock Knock ...

No shame in quoting a part of the help file that seems unclear, and if needed specifying what it is you think it means or showing some code that is not doing what you think it should be doing. Great way to get some additional information. And maybe even some example codes that shows how it works and what the pitfalls might be.

Okay, here's an excerpt from the helpfile:

Func functioname ( [Const] [byRef] $param1, ..., [Const] [byRef] $paramN, $optionalpar1 = value, ...)

[Return [value]]

EndFunc

What I don't get from the manual, is how to implement the ByRef feature in the GUI part of my code. I also don't actually understand why the ByRef feature would help me in this case: I am already declaring the values globally, right? If I adapt the code for the GUI function with the ByRef:

Func InstellingenMenu(Byref $Map1, Byref $Map2, Byref $Map3, Byref $Map4)
When running the script generates errors, like:

ElmoReader.au3(150,74) : ERROR: InstellingenMenu() called by a previous line with 0 arg(s). Min = 4. First previous line calling this Func is 74.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

ElmoReader.au3(150,74) : ERROR: InstellingenMenu() previously called with Const or expression on ByRef param(s).

ElmoReader.au3(150,74) : ERROR: InstellingenMenu() called by a previous line with 0 arg(s). Min = 4. First previous line calling this Func is 54.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

ElmoReader.au3(150,74) : ERROR: InstellingenMenu() previously called with Const or expression on ByRef param(s).

Some suggestions what I am (obviously) doing wrong? I still am in the assumption those variables are globally being set and read, but it does not work as I am expecting.

nevermind.

Edited by iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u

Knock Knock ...