Max Characters for GuiCtrlCreateEdit

Hello,

I am writing a log file directly to an edit box as my script progressess. For a while I thought my script was freezing but actually I think it hit the maximum characters for the Edit box.

I copied and pasted all the info into Word and did a character count and it brought up 28,050. Is this correct? if so is there any way around it? I really liked being able to watch the log file being created on the fly.

is there any other control that will hold more information?

I hope I don't have to send the Log to a txt file and then open after it has completed... :(

Thanks,

Mike

is there any other control that will hold more information?

Try a list control.

#include <GUIConstants.au3>
#include <GuiList.au3>

Dim $LBS_MULTIPLESEL = 0x8
Dim $msg, $ret
Dim $listbox

GUICreate("ListBox Set Selection(s) Demo",600,600,-1,-1)

$listbox = GUICtrlCreateList("",50,50,500,500,BitOR($WS_BORDER, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_NOTIFY,$LBS_MULTIPLESEL))
GUISetState ()

for $i = 1 to 1000
   $msg = "This is logfile entry Nr: " & $i & "|"
   GUICtrlSetData($listbox,$msg)
   $ret = _GUICtrlListSetSel($listbox,1,$i-1)
   $ret = _GUICtrlListSetSel($listbox,-1,$i-1)
next

sleep(5000)
msgbox(4096, "", "Done ....")

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

Kurt,

I can't get over the amount of extra _Commands available in the Beta edition. I have been using AutoIT for about a Year and I just got most of the v3.1.1 commands down. Now I have about two times that to remember. :( oh well,

I like the list box thing. I will be storing that for possible use later.

What I ended up doing is using the COM support to open an excel spreadsheet and writing the log file directly to that. I even set up the sheet to AutoFilter so you can filter by Failed/Passed. It was a bit trickey to get the loops down right so the Columns and Rows move at the proper time but it is Super Sweet now... :(

Thanks,

Mike

What I ended up doing is using the COM support to open an excel spreadsheet and writing the log file directly to that.  I even set up the sheet to AutoFilter so you can filter by Failed/Passed.  It was a bit trickey to get the loops down right so the Columns and Rows move at the proper time but it is Super Sweet now... :(

Would you mind to post that code? I'm interested.

Cheers

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *