HERE strings in AutoIT ?

You guys are close to a question i have.. how about this

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't really see what any of this has to do with the original poster's question.

Can we get a moderator to split this thread?

I don't really see what any of this has to do with the original poster's question.

Can we get a moderator to split this thread?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

here's an idea:

Write a UDF that reads a string value in from a file

When you build, add this file to the EXE as a resource

Your UDF should determine weather the script is running as a script or an executable, and should read from the file or the resource accordingly.

A little more work, I know, but it's almost as good...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Plus it makes it so that you can easily cut and paste multi-line strings, in and out of your code, as simple text.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello 8)

NEWHeader1.png

Hello 8)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi guys,

thanks for all your posts. However the answer to my question is apparently NO. Not with the current release of AutoIT. There have been good ideas in this thread, but none of them really match my intentions. My intention is to make code more readable, less typing, easier formatting. I started a new thread here Multiline strings (PERL Here documents). I have no response from a developer yet, if that would be easy or hard to implement. I checkd the source code for the lexer and parser, but I guess I need some time to understand how that stuff works. As there is already a feature to define strings on multiple lines, (&_) I guess it should be possible to implement multiline strings as well. However, I'm awaiting an answer from one of those guys that read the source code at night before they go to bed. :(

Thanks

Kurt

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *