[SOLVED] ProgressOn(): Can I set the SIZE of the window?

schuc

I am making some great progress with my script now thanks to the generous help from a couple of the members here (great group).

I recently ran into an issue where I'm using a Progress dialog via ProgressOn(), but my text is being cut off on the dialog. I'm sure it's related to me using @CR's in my text for nice formatting, but I'd like to know if there is a tricky way to increase the height of the progressbar window since there doesn't seem to be a parameter for it.

ProgressOn() function reference (can set location, but not size)

ProgressOn ( "title", "maintext" [, "subtext" [, x pos [, y pos [, opt]]]] )

Edited by schuc

Hey,

Here is the tricky way:

ProgressOn('Make me bigger please.', 'Some really really really really really' &@CR & 'really really really really really really' &@CR & 'really really really really really long text.')

WinMove('Make me bigger please.','',Default,Default,306, 150);Resize window.
ControlMove('Make me bigger please.','','msctls_progress321',20,70) ;Move Progress bar.
ControlMove('Make me bigger please.','','Static1',20,5,300,50) ;Move and resize Label.

The better way is to make your own GUI and have a Progress control: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/GUICtrlCreateProgress.htm

Hope that helps,

Regards

BitByteBit.

Edited by BitByteBit

Hey,

Here is the tricky way:

The better way is to make your own GUI and have a Progress control: http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/GUICtrlCreateProgress.htm

Hope that helps,

Regards

BitByteBit.

Wow, that was fast. It works perfectly. Thank you.

Yes, I totally hear you. I am trying to get the core functionality working well and then I do want to wrap it in a GUI. A progress control or two actually(one for global time and one for current task time) would be perfect.