XY of webpage object

Im trying to scroll to an object on a page, my problem is that the page size is dynamic depending on the ads on it at any one time.

Because of this I cannot be precise enough using $oIE.document.parentwindow.scroll(0, $Y)

If I use

$obj = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"objid")
$obj.scrollintoview()

It dosent scroll far enough as I need it to scroll Y amount of pixel further.

So my question is, how can I find the XY pos of the object, given that I have its ID?

I hope thats clear, I had a look through dales IE udfs (which Im only just becoming familiar with), and found _IEPropertyGet()

Using

$y = _IEPropertyGet($obj,"top")

gives me

IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IEPropertyGet, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType

Any pointers thankfully recieved.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

You flagged the title "[solved]", but didn't say what you did.

This would be one possibility: The X/Y scroll of the page can be set directly in pixels. Something like this:

$oIE.document.parentwindow.scroll($iX, $iY)

:x

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Opps, sorry.

I couldnt do that, I explained that but not very well (because the object was dynamically placed on the page with adverts determining where it was.

I had tried

$y = _IEPropertyGet($obj,"top")

In the end it was $y = _IEPropertyGet($obj, "screeny") which I needed and could figure the rest out from that.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.