FTP.au3

w0uter

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all:

I am using UDF FTP.au3, to upload a text file from windows Xp sp2 to unix ftp server,

the scrip is running well but I found a BIG PROBLEM, maybe a BUG in FTP.au3 when the file

test.txt is uploaded, the file was changed and added a carriage return(CR) and a line feed (LF) for ,

for each line . Someone can tell me what is wrong with my script or is a FTP.au3 BUG?

Please I need a HELP on this ?

CR=carriage return LF=Line feed

For example , original file test.txt looks like this:

aaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbb123456CR

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbCR

ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddCR

The new uploaded file test.txt looks like this (Inserted CR and

LF for each line):

aaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbccccccCR

CR

LFbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbCR

CR

LFddddddddddddddddddddddddddddCR

Try to set explicit flag value to $INTERNET_FLAG_TRANSFER_BINARY in _FtpPutFile()

Global Const $INTERNET_FLAG_PASSIVE = 0x08000000
Global Const $INTERNET_FLAG_TRANSFER_ASCII = 0x00000001
Global Const $INTERNET_FLAG_TRANSFER_BINARY = 0x00000002

Dim $Ftpp = _FtpPutFile($Conn, 'C:\TEMP\test.txt', '/test.txt', $INTERNET_FLAG_TRANSFER_BINARY)

I am having a strange problem with the FTP UDF and i can for the life of me find out why it is happening.

I have a script that is supposed to scan a folder for any file beginning with the letter L and upload it to our FTP server. However it seems to only copy 1 of the 7 files it is supposed to be sending.

My code is as follows.

#include <FTP.au3>

#Region FTP Upload
   $fFTPUpload = GUICreate("",$fWidth, $lHeight, -1, -1,$WS_POPUP + $WS_BORDER,-1,$maintenance)
    $bSave = GUICtrlCreateButton("Upload",315,200, 75, 25, 0)
      GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1,"FTPStart")
    $file = FileOpen(@scriptdir&"\Install\Lexacom.ini",0)
    $ftPath= FileReadLine($file,3)
    FileClose($file)
    $files = _FileListToArray($ftPath,'L*',1)
   GUICtrlCreateGroup("",5,0,400,240)
#endregion

#region FTP Upload Funcs
   Func FTPStart()
    Dim $server = "xxxx"
    Dim $username = "xxxx"
    Dim $pass = "xxxx"
    Dim $port = 21
    Dim $dllhandle = DllOpen('wininet.dll')
    Dim $Open = _FTPOpen('MyFTP')
    Dim $Conn = _FTPConnect($Open, $server, $username, $pass, $port)
    Global Const $INTERNET_FLAG_PASSIVE = 0x08000000
    Global Const $INTERNET_FLAG_TRANSFER_ASCII = 0x00000001
    Global Const $INTERNET_FLAG_TRANSFER_BINARY = 0x00000002

if @error Then
        MsgBox(0,"Error", "No files were found",5)  
    EndIf
    for $i = 1 to $files[0]
        Dim $Ftpp = _FtpPutFile($Conn, $files[$i], '/httpdocs/incoming/'&$Company&' - '&$serial&' - '&$files[$i], $INTERNET_FLAG_TRANSFER_BINARY)
        ConsoleWrite($files[$i]&' - '&$ftpp&@crlf)
        sleep(500)
    Next
  ;~    ----------------------------------
    $lasterror = DllCall("kernel32.dll","int","GetLastError")
    ConsoleWrite("LAST ERROR - "&$lasterror[0])
  ;~  ----------------------------------
    Dim $Ftpc = _FTPClose($Open)
    DllClose($dllhandle)
    EndFunc
#endregion

The Console output for the transfer is as follows:

LCLinks.lxd - 0

LCPools.lxd - 0

LCRegist.lxd - 0

LCSeats.lxd - 0

LCSeats.pln - 1

LCUsers.lxd - 0

LexClients.lxd - 0

LexConfigSys.lxd - 0

LAST ERROR - 0+>13:13:43 AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0

As you can see the *.pln file is reporting something happening, which i can only assume means success, as the pln file does get uploaded, and the others fail.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this as its proving to be a right hair puller :)

Edited by Azazash

I am having a strange problem with the FTP UDF and i can for the life of me find out why it is happening.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for this as its proving to be a right hair puller :)

$files will only contain the file names. In _FtpPutFile you need to give the full path. $ftPath & "\" & $files[$i]
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks :) you are absolutely right... I guess i couldn't see the wood for the trees :P

A secondary issue i have is that i want to be able to upload 7 files, which are unique to a particular site, to its own individual folder.

Uploading files is fine (now thanks to martin) but i can't find any info about creating directories on an FTP server using the FTP UDF or any other way of doing it.

Is it possible to do or should i just abandon that idea?

Thanks :) you are absolutely right... I guess i couldn't see the wood for the trees :P

A secondary issue i have is that i want to be able to upload 7 files, which are unique to a particular site, to its own individual folder.

Uploading files is fine (now thanks to martin) but i can't find any info about creating directories on an FTP server using the FTP UDF or any other way of doing it.

Is it possible to do or should i just abandon that idea?

;===============================================================================
;
; Function Name:    _FTPMakeDir()
; Description:      Makes an Directory on an FTP server.
; Parameter(s):     $l_FTPSession   - The Long from _FTPConnect()
;                   $s_Remote       - The directory name to be created.
; Requirement(s):   DllCall, wininet.dll
; Return Value(s):  On Success - 1
;                   On Failure - 0
; Author(s):        Wouter van Kesteren
;
;===============================================================================

Func _FTPMakeDir($l_FTPSession, $s_Remote)
        Local $ai_FTPMakeDir = DllCall('wininet.dll', 'int', 'FtpCreateDirectory', 'long', $l_FTPSession, 'str', $s_Remote)
    If @error OR $ai_FTPMakeDir[0] = 0 Then
        SetError(-1)
        Return 0
    EndIf
        Return $ai_FTPMakeDir[0]
    EndFunc ;==> _FTPMakeDir()

• 1 month later...

Hi, I've read through this entire topic, and I'm having trouble with _FtpGetFile(). Basically, what happens is that it runs, but no file is retrieved. It does set @error = 1, so I assume there is a problem there somehow. The _FtpOpen() and _FtpConnect() commands work fine without error. Also, the _FtpPutFile() seems to work fine. So I'm pretty sure it's something with the Get function.

One specific question, if the local file or directory that I want the file to be placed in does not exist, will it be created automatically?

Also, in the _FtpGetFile() command, the parameter for the remote file to retrieve, does the path have to be the full path? As in, "ftp://ftp.domain.com/directory/file.txt" or can I just do "/directory/file.txt". I've tried it both ways, so I don't think that's my problem, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance!

Code to follow:

#include <FTP.au3>

Local $sDomain = "ftp.domain.com"
Local $sUser = "user"
Local $sPassword = "pass"
Local $sRemoteDir = "/remotedir/"
Local $sFile = "file.txt"
Local $sLocalDir = @MyDocumentsDir & "\localdir\"

$dllhandle = DllOpen("wininet.dll")
$Open = _FTPOpen("ftp")
If @error Then 
    MsgBox(1, "", "Unable to Connect.")
    Exit
EndIf

$Conn = _FTPConnect($Open, $sDomain, $sUser, $sPassword)
If @error Then 
    Exit
EndIf

$Ftpg = _FtpGetFile($Conn, "ftp://" & $sDomain & $sRemoteDir & $sFile, $sLocalDir & $sFile)
If @error Then 
    MsgBox(1, "", "File Not Retrieved") 
    Exit
EndIf

$Ftpc = _FTPClose($Open)
DllClose($dllhandle)

Edit: While I'm at it, I'm also attempting to use _FTPOpenFile(), _FTPReadFile(), and _FTPCloseFile() to bypass the need for _FTPGetFile(). Plus it might be cool to not have to download a temp file just so I can read it and then delete it afterwards.

Anyways, I'm getting an error on the _FTPReadFile() command. Also, I'm looking at what the actual contents of that variable returns and it's just 0. Not sure what I'm doing wrong really... So here's the code:

#include <FTP.au3>

Local $sDomain = "ftp.domain.com"
Local $sUser = "user"
Local $sPassword = "pass"
Local $sRemoteDir = "/remotedir/"
Local $sFile = "file.txt"
Local $sLocalDir = @MyDocumentsDir & "\localdir\"

$dllhandle = DllOpen("wininet.dll")
$Open = _FTPOpen("ftp")
If @error Then 
    Exit
EndIf

$Conn = _FTPConnect($Open, $sDomain, $sUser, $sPassword)
If @error Then 
    Exit
EndIf

$FileToRead = _FTPOpenFile($Open, $sRemoteDir & $sFile)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(1, "", "File open failed.")
    Exit
EndIf

$ReadFile = _FTPReadFile($FileToRead, 5000)
if @error Then
    MsgBox(1, "", "File read failed.")
    Exit
EndIf

_FTPCloseFile($FileToRead)

MsgBox(1, "", $ReadFile)

$Ftpc = _FTPClose($Open)
DllClose($dllhandle)

Thanks again!

Edited by Colin

One specific question, if the local file or directory that I want the file to be placed in does not exist, will it be created automatically?

No.

Also, in the _FtpGetFile() command, the parameter for the remote file to retrieve, does the path have to be the full path? As in, "ftp://ftp.domain.com/directory/file.txt" or can I just do "/directory/file.txt". I've tried it both ways, so I don't think that's my problem, but I wanted to make sure.

Use the full path, or you can use _FtpSetCurrentDir if you have that function and then you only need to give the file names to copy.

Where do the functions_FTPOpenFile, _FTPReadFile and _FTPCloseFile come from? I don't see them in the ftp.au3 file in the first post.

Normally (?) you would use

_FTPOpenFile then InternetReadFile then InternetCloseHandle

I think it's easier to use _FTPGetFile and read it locally.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks for the response.

Here's the post where I found the functions for open/read/close (it's one of the posts in this topic I believe):

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=331340

and this is an update to the read function (I'm using this version, not the original one):

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=332525

And yea, I would just use the FTPGetFile() function if I could get it to work. The only reason I tried the open/read/close method is to see if it would even work. Any idea why the Get function isn't working for me?

Thanks for the response.

Here's the post where I found the functions for open/read/close (it's one of the posts in this topic I believe):

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=331340

and this is an update to the read function (I'm using this version, not the original one):

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=332525

And yea, I would just use the FTPGetFile() function if I could get it to work. The only reason I tried the open/read/close method is to see if it would even work. Any idea why the Get function isn't working for me?

I didn't look at the links you gave yet, but here is a script which should get you started using FTPGetFile

#include <ftp.au3>;or whatever udf you use

Global $server, $username, $pass, $connected = False, $filetoget, $LFolder, $hDll
Global $waytodoit = 1;<-------------1 or not 1 to use setting full remote path or not

;add your details
$server = '*********'
$username = '*********'
$pass = '*********'

$LFolder = @ScriptDir;<--------- set the folder you want the file copied to on your PC

$Open = _FTPOpen('MyFTP Control')
If @error = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, 'error', 'Open failed')
    Exit
EndIf

$Conn = _FTPConnect($Open, $server, $username, $pass, 0, 1, 0x08000000)
If @error = -1 Then
    MsgBox(0, 'error', 'Connect failed')
    Exit
EndIf

$connected = True

$RFolder = _FtpGetCurrentDir($Conn)
ConsoleWrite("Current remote folder is " & $RFolder & @CRLF)

$RFolder = "/foldername";$RFolder;<---------change to the folder you want
$filetoget = "fileName.HTML";somename.abc";<-----add the name of the file you want to copy. Don't forget that the names will probably be case sensitive!

If $waytodoit = 1 Then
    If _FtpSetCurrentDir($Conn, $RFolder) = 0 Then
        MsgBox(0, 'Could not log to..', $RFolder)
        Exit
    EndIf

If _FTPGetFile($Conn, $filetoget, $LFolder & '\' & $filetoget) = 0 Then;'/' & $Rfolder &
        MsgBox(0, 'Error', 'Failed to get ' & $filetoget)
    EndIf
Else

If _FTPGetFile($Conn, $RFolder & '/' & $filetoget, $LFolder & '\' & $filetoget) = 0 Then;'/' & $Rfolder &
        MsgBox(0, 'Error', 'Failed to get ' & $RFolder & '/' & $filetoget)
    EndIf

EndIf

;########### end

Func onautoitstart()
    $hDll = DllOpen("Wininet.dll");have to do this for the ftp routines to work
    If $hDll = -1 Then
        MsgBox(0, 'Error', 'Could not open WIninet.dll')
    EndIf

EndFunc  ;==>onautoitstart

Func onAutoitExit()
    If $connected Then _FTPClose($Open)
    If $hDll <> 0 Then DllClose($hDll)
EndFunc  ;==>onAutoitExit

Thanks again for the response. I attempted to implement some of your methods into my current script, and I'm getting "autoit3.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close." I tried running another script (one that uses the same #include file, and connects to the same FTP server) and it runs just fine. I also tried grabbing the exact code you posted and changing just the server/login variables, and the remote directory and file name variables. When I run that, I get the same error.

There's something in that code that is different from how my other FTP script works that's causing a problem, but I can't seem to figure out what it is.

Again, thank you for the help. It's much appreciated.

Edit: I have a question about something. When I do the @error check after using _FTPOpen() or _FTPConnect(), what value does @error have when it fails?

In my script, I'm checking (If @error Then) and considering that a fail. In martin's script, he is using (If @error = -1 Then) as the fail. Which one is correct, or does it matter?

Edit again: It seems as though the issue was with _FtpGetCurrentDir(). As soon as I removed the functionality that uses that, it actually worked. That error stopped coming up, and... I actually GOT THE FILE!! Yay!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Martin. I'm still not sure what I was doing wrong before, but at least I should be able to implement this code into my other script so that the Get will work. It would be nice to figure out why the _FtpGetCurrentDir() doesn't work too, but I don't think I'll need that for any reason. I will just tell the script what directory to use.

Thanks again!

Edited by Colin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i thought my old _FTPxxx.au3 sucked.

so i tryd using STD for it. but it failed.

googled a bit and came across an vb site that used a windows dll,

then i headed over to msdn to find out how to use em.

this is the (unfinished) result.

i am still writing alot of docs for it.

since i want it included standardly.

but i got sick of it and just decided to get some feedback first.

[edit]

uploaded a new version.

for reference the old one got dl'ed 88 times.

[/edit]

[edit2]

uploaded a new version.

the other one wasnt even working.

why didnt you guys say anything ;)

for reference the semi-old one got dl'ed 269 times.

[/edit2]

Does anyone know where I can find the latest ftp.au3 code?

HeidiRFind free applications, code examples and more on my site at:http://heidisdownloads.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! Prompt please why functions _FTPFindFistFile (_FTPFileFindFist) _FTPFindNextFile (_FTPFileFindNext) do not return Creation Time Low, Creation Time Hight, Access Time Low, Access Time Hight, Last Write Low and Last Write Hight. :P

Hi

I have download both files FTP.AU3 and FTP_EXAMPLE but I coud not make then work

Anyone can help me to downlad some files from my ftp server everyday as soon my computer starts

Thanks

i thought my old _FTPxxx.au3 sucked.

so i tryd using STD for it. but it failed.

googled a bit and came across an vb site that used a windows dll,

then i headed over to msdn to find out how to use em.

this is the (unfinished) result.

i am still writing alot of docs for it.

since i want it included standardly.

but i got sick of it and just decided to get some feedback first.

[edit]

uploaded a new version.

for reference the old one got dl'ed 88 times.

[/edit]

[edit2]

uploaded a new version.

the other one wasnt even working.

why didnt you guys say anything :mellow:

for reference the semi-old one got dl'ed 269 times.

[/edit2]

• 1 month later...

hello to all,

start to read this post from start but i've already soma question :

- is possible to list ftp directory ? if yes with file details (hour, filesize, etc) ?

- need this script to build program that every hour check ftp directory and download only new generated files, is possible ?

thank you for any reply,

m.