Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qwert

Unable to close splash screen covering main GUI

3 posts in this topic

I have a GUI with several buttons. It uses the standard While 1 ... GUIGetMsg() ...GUI_Event_Close ==> Exit ... WEnd loop to idle while the user performs actions using the buttons. It works great ... but here's my problem:

One of the buttons puts up a splash image that covers the entire screen (and the MainGUI, of course). The user is supposed to left mouse click to dismiss the image, which is set TopMost, where it must remain until dismissed. The function that puts the splash image up waits in its own While 1 ... Wend loop, expecting to see a "continue flag" set by the MainGUI ... when the MainGUI detects $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYUP in its basic While 1 ... Wend loop. This "continuation" approach is needed because the function is responsible for fading the image in and out.

I've tried a dozen combinations, to no avail. I've lost my bearings somewhat on what to try next. The splash is a POPUP and LAYERED. I could probably back away from this technique and just put the image in a PIC on the main. But it's a really good effect with the splash ... if it only worked.

Any help will be appreciated.

How about script that can replicate problem?

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

That's a good suggestion, of course ... and I will, when I can allocate some time for a good, clear example. In the mean time, I've bailed out to an alternate method. I created a separate script to put up the splash image. I behaves exactly as expected, taking down the image when the user clicks -- and the calling script carries on, unimpacted. It's only slightly more cumbersome, software wise. Maybe I was reaching too far in my all-in-one approach?