au3Impact

bogQ

It was not so long that JRowe stated to talk about 3impact, and i started testing c++ code and fell in love on TrueMirror example.

After lots of troubles trying to get some example to work, and help from trancexx on dllcall-s and Authenticity for vectors i think i have successively replicate some funcs for BallGame example from 3impact (probably i have some problems around some dllcall for some reediting on funcs around vectors to shorten the code, or some data wrong on some funcs on dllcall, but at this point its irelevant).

So (JRowe,trancexx,Authenticity) ty alot.

I present to you this first step to bring closer autoit to 3impact

Posted Image

Project is hosted on sourceforge.net, heare you can finde some screenshots, or try to play the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7eCB1cfOX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSA_sCaNz_A

Media (files, 3impact DLL and other DLL-s needed to run examples. d3dx9_27.dll, mfc80u.dll,msvcp80.dll,msvcr80.dll) is on hosted page project file list in default_res.rar

jestermon UDF can b found on the same location

Edited by bogQ

TCP server and client - Learning about TCP servers and clients connection
Au3 oIrrlicht - Irrlicht project
Au3impact - Another 3D DLL game engine for autoit. (3impact 3Drad related)

460px-Thief-4-temp-banner.jpg
There are those that believe that the perfect heist lies in the preparation.
Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

Looks very nice!

I never heard about dll3impact.dll. :(

I had to change some lines to get it run on my Win7 x64 machine!

It worked only compiled and I added #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n and added @ScriptDir & "\default_res\..." to the paths!

And I had to download d3dx9_27.dll, too!

Nice work especially the rolling ball looks very nice! :graduated:

The challenge is to implement this in GDI+...

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

How did this end up at the bottom of the page? This is epic for autoit! Amazing dll discovery!

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]

Its still isnt epic, im curently working to correct all funcs that r needed for BallGame and TrueMirror to use correct dll stuructures and to document all the funcs that i curently have (i think im on half of way for now on that specific funcs), after that maby it can b epic when i get time to do funcs and translate some more cooler examples from original engine :graduated:

My personal opinion is that this engine is perfect for car/riding/driving games

Edited by bogQ

Some say that it’s all in the timing, seizing the right opportunity. Others even say it’s the ability to leave no trace behind, be a ghost.

The mirror effect looks awesome! Posted Image

Nice work!

I'm trying to compare Irrlicht with this engine...

Br,

UEZ

PS: 5* for your nice work and efforts on this engine!

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

bogQ,

5 Thumbs UP!

Nice work!!!!!

can't wait to put it to use!!!

Realm

My Contributions: Unix Timestamp: Calculate Unix time, or seconds since Epoch, accounting for your local timezone and daylight savings time. RegEdit Jumper: A Small & Simple interface based on Yashied's Reg Jumper Function, for searching Hives in your registry. 

I'm trying to compare Irrlicht with this engine...

Very good idea!

Would say Irrlicht/IrrlichtWrapper has a lot of pros, but just from a very little knowledge of 3impact. Screenshots and written feature list of 3impact are impressive, but not enough to really judge. So would be great if you do/start a serious comparison!

At least not a question of vanity but of efficiency: if both would/could target identical needs it would be stupid to divide available man power, right? At least one suitable 3D engine is enough for au3, no matter what it's name is.

Very good idea!

Would say Irrlicht/IrrlichtWrapper has a lot of pros, but just from a very little knowledge of 3impact. Screenshots and written feature list of 3impact are impressive, but not enough to really judge. So would be great if you do/start a serious comparison!

It was just a thought to compare both engines. Personally I do not have the knowledge in both to make a suitable comparision! Further the progress of au3impact is not the same as for Irrlicht!

At least not a question of vanity but of efficiency: if both would/could target identical needs it would be stupid to divide available man power, right? At least one suitable 3D engine is enough for au3, no matter what it's name is.

Why do you want to make this restriction to use only one 3D engine? It is something like to say everybody should drive eg. a BMW because one model is enough!

I think it is a matter of personal taste which 3D engine is the best!

Br,

UEZ

Why do you want to make this restriction to use only one 3D engine? It is something like to say everybody should drive eg. a BMW because one model is enough!

I think it is a matter of personal taste which 3D engine is the best!

Right if you have both a working BMW and a Beetle in your garage - wrong if both need a lot of work until getting you somewhere - and you'll have just two hands. Better to decide what car is the best and make it ready to ride :graduated:

bogQ updated the 1st post with a link where you can download missing files!

Click here to download Media, 3impact DLL and d3dx9_27.dll needed to run examples (put them to your scriptdir folder, d3dx9_27.dll go to WINDOWS\system32 on XP if you dont already have it, for win 7 i dont know location :graduated: )

Br,

UEZ

Additional 3 modules are required:

• mfc80u.dll
  • msvcp80.dll
  • msvcr80.dll

That's not all. Function au3Impact_SetErrorMode() would be nice too:

Func au3Impact_SetErrorMode($iMode)
    Local $aCall = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "dword", "SetErrorMode", "dword", $iMode)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return $aCall[0]
EndFunc

It should be called like this (at top of au3impact.au3):

au3Impact_SetErrorMode(1) ; SEM_FAILCRITICALERRORS

3Impact devs are doing some basic things wrong. This shouldn't be happening in serious development.

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

added them ty for tracking them down trancexx

one question

It should be called like this (at top of au3impact.au3):

You mean to call it on top of example, correct?

Edit: on the other hand i can use #OnAutoItStartRegister "" in include :graduated:

Edited by bogQ

Probably because my graphics card has no proper win 7 drivers, and so no direct3D available.

And why do you think so?

• Because you're missing the file you said earlier?
Then just download it like UEZ said, or run the DirectX Runtime installer. Direct3D is part of DirectX.

• You ran DxDiag and really doesn't have Direct3D acceleration?
Install WinXP drivers so you get WinXP functionality.

@bogQ

Cool stuff!

And why do you think so?

• You ran DxDiag and really doesn't have Direct3D acceleration?
Install WinXP drivers so you get WinXP functionality.

Yes I did run diagnostics, and no it really dosent have direct 3d available.

And also, no I dont get winXP functionallity I get blue screened every time I try to use a graphics feature for which the proper drivers are not available, I cant even full screen a video with XP drivers without a crash.

Im stuck with microsoft standard vga drivers.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.