POST to a web page

This is probably borderline whether it is really AutoIt related or not.

I have used slightly modified versions of this func to send data to a web page using POST before, without any troubles. For some reason, I cannot make it work this time.

Hopefully, I am just missing a typo somewhere.

Func _SendPing()
    Local $servername = "myservername"
    Local $serverport = 80
    Local $ipconnection = -1
    Local $i, $r, $s, $t

$t = ""
    For $i = 0 To (UBound($SysInfo, 1) - 1)
        $t &= "&" & $SysInfo[$i][0] & "=" & _UnicodeURLEncode($SysInfo[$i][1])
    Next
    $s = "POST /feedback/callhome.php HTTP/1.1" & @CRLF
    $s &= "Host: " & $servername & ":" & $serverport & @CRLF
    $s &= "From: " & @UserName & "@" & @ComputerName & @CRLF
    $s &= "User-Agent: DataPull/2.0" & @CRLF ;let the server logs show that this is an automated entry rather than manually done
    $s &= "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded" & @CRLF
    $s &= "Content-Length: " & StringLen($t) & @CRLF & @CRLF
    $s &= $t

$ipconnection = TCPConnect(TCPNameToIP($servername), $serverport)
    $r = TCPSend($ipconnection, $s)
    Sleep(100)
    TCPShutdown()
EndFunc   ;==>_sendping

_UnicodeURLEncode() is from Dhilip89's UDF

$SysInfo is a 2 dimensional array in the form of ["variable_name", "data"]. variable_name coincides with form variables if the page were pulled up for manual data entry.

Put in a debug line to display or log $s to a file just before it gets used in TCPSend(). That should allow you to see where it fails. You didn't mention any failing symptoms or indications.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Sorry, I should have included that to begin with.

$s contains:

POST /feedback/callhome.php HTTP/1.1

Host: myservername:80

User-Agent: DataPull/2.0

Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Content-Length: 1586

&OSType=WIN32_NT&OSVersion=WIN_XP&OSBuild=2600&OSServicePack=Service%20Pack%203&IEVer=6.0.2900.5512

(confidential information stripped out. Actual content section confirmed to be 1586 characters.)

The web page only returns the date/time the information was received, whether it succeeded or not. The only indication I have whether the POST worked or not is to run the reports for the database, and see if the information is there. So far, I have not been able to make it work for this page.

This is an old internal web page that a client has, that was set up to make their inventory process easier. {{{re-emphasize OLD}}}

I am not being given any control or access to the web server (I think someone is trying to hold onto a "perceived" job security), so I am trying to automate, as much as possible, the inventory process on the client side, and inject the data into the server. Since I want this to run silently with the login script, and since I don't care about what the page returns, I am using POST rather than trying to actually automate the page. I also want the server logs to show how much more/better data is being collected via my script than by the old manual inventory process.

Do you call TCPStartup before that function?

:)

. . . after the repeated sound of a head banging on a desk . . .

I knew it had to be some simple thing I left out.

Thanks