Getting InputBox data into an Array

aleph01

I'm having trouble getting inputbox data into an array. This is what I have been trying:

Local $comp

Local $compArray[$arraySize]

For $i = 0 to $arraySize -1

$compArray[$i] = InputBox ("Input HP Computer Number", "Type in the next HPOPAC computer number, using the two digit format.")

$i = $i +1

Next

MsgBox (1, "The Array", $compArray[$arraySize])

I'm using the MsgBox line to try to see if the array is correct before I go on and write the rest of the code I'll need, but on the third input (even though I've been setting $arraySize to 5 or 6), I get an error on the MsgBox line at $compArray[$arrraySize] saying that the "array varible has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded."

What I'm trying to do is write a script that will allow a user to copy a file to one or more computers on a network. I just can't seem to get the array to work out for me using an InputBox. Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong, or have a more elegant way to accomplish this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

_aleph_

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(

Try this:

#include <Array.au3>
Local $arraySize = 5
Local $compArray[$arraySize]
For $i = 0 to $arraySize -1
    $compArray[$i] = InputBox ("Input HP Computer Number", "Type in the next HPOPAC computer number, using the two digit format.")
Next
_ArrayDisplay($compArray)

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Thanks, UEZ. I was unaware of the _ArrayDisplay command. With it, I might have been able to spot the real mistake ($i = $i +1 in a for/next loop).

I guess it's pretty easy to spot a noob. Oh well, I may not be good, but I'm getting better all the time. Thanks again, and thanks to all of the dedicated AutoIt users who provide support for those of us who are just now getting their feet wet.

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(

May I ask you for which company you are working for?

Btw, more user friendly might be this method:

#include <Array.au3>
$comp = InputBox ("Input HP Computer Number", "Type in the next HPOPAC computer numbers separated with comma, using the two digit format." & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
                                                                                        "E.g. 23,22,12,33,10,99")
$compArray = StringSplit($comp, ",", 2)
_ArrayDisplay($compArray)

Br,

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ