Advanced Pixel Search Library

FastFrench

What do you think of this library ?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about FastFind ?

• It's really great, I can't imagine doing a script without it
    • It's of some use for me in my current scripts
    • I could use it some day
    • Looks nice, but of no use for me
    • I've tried it, but it doesnt fit my needs
    • Sounds good on the paper, but can't make it work (bug or too difficult to use it)
  2. 2. Have you tried it ?

• Yes, I'm using it right now
    • Somewhat, I've done some testing, will surely use it later
    • I've downloaded it and just played a little with packaged demo scripts
    • I've downloaded it, but not tried it so far
    • Not downloaded it so far, but I probably will some day
    • It's of no interested for me.
  3. 3. What is missing or should be improved ?

• It has all the features I may need about Pixels Handling
    • OK it's pretty fast, but couldn't it be faster ?
    • Too hard to use it, could you simplify usage ?
    • Some additional features would be nice to have (please explain in a message)
    • It really lacks some decent documentation (I still hope to find someone to help on that)
    • Some critical features are missing, can't use it (please explain in a message)
    • I found some minor bugs (please explain in a message)
    • I've found some serious bugs (please explain in a message)
    • I've never tried it so far, can't tell
    • It would be nice if you could provide easy access to the associated tool - FFShowPixel
    • I would like to use it other languages. Could you provide wrappers ? (please explain in a message)

• Developers

4 hours ago, zkenjiz said:

FF 2.1 didn't run, FF 2.2 started showing some errors.

Stating that "it doesn't work" or "some errors"  is not telling anybody anything so please be specific! 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, okchoac said:

Cứu giúp!
Tôi gặp sự cố lớn  vì tôi sử dụng  FasftFind cho PC của mình (windows 7), Nó không tìm thấy Pixel cho các cửa sổ không hoạt động. Nhưng nếu tôi sử dụng  FasftFind cho VPS (máy chủ windows 12), nó tốt

a window that is behind another window

• 3 months later...

Hi all
Even not being a complete newbie with autoit, I am masisvely lost with this AU3 ...
1° Is the CHM ok, beacuse I ma unable to open it. It opens but can't get text to be diplayed while selcting a function

2° Topic spoke about a .EXE that autogen code and help understaing, but didn't found it anywhere in any version

Edited by Ebola57

• Developers
5 minutes ago, Ebola57 said:

Hi all
Even not being a complete newbie with autoit, I am masisvely lost with this AU3 ...
1° Is the CHM ok, beacuse I ma unable to open it. It opens but can't get text to be diplayed while selcting a function

2° Topic spoke about a .EXE that autogen code and help understaing, but didn't found it anywhere in any version

3° The embeded demo file do aboslulety nothing 

Wondering what kind of miracle you are expecting to happen now.... In other words: All required  details are missing to be able to assist you!

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Sure, this has been asked multiple times and likely it isn't a trusted helpful so  (from.memory) I think you need to right click the helpfile and change a setting there to allow it to display html pages.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This time wasn't teh security problem where you have to Unblock Security, it used it from a netwrok device and there's a trick to do with regedit
Copied it locally and it's fine. Now I can read carefully this helpfull
Thanks Jos

EDIT : Got it to work. It is indeed incredibely fast. Not only on the same Snapshot where the speed is insane, but even while in full HD screen. A must have

Edited by Ebola57

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, what is the most recommended way to use these functions in a C# program?

I am trying to use DllImport but I don't know what are the parameters of the functions I need to import.

Edited by TuTRyX

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a known bug where FFNearestSpot() does not work with an are restriction (Left, top, right bottom)? I cannot get it work. It works fine without the area restriction and when I save the snapshot to a .bmp file the snapshot also looks right and contains the red.

I am trying to search for a 1x1 red pixel with shade variation red in a snapshot that is about 5 pixels wide and 100 pixels long. Also changing the proximity position to 0,0 then instead does not yield any results.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

• 2 years later...
On 1/11/2021 at 8:31 PM, YoloPota said:

I don't know if there is alway someone here to help people.

I have a big problem since windows 10, all Chrome_windgetWin_1 windows got black screen when snapshot them, i don't know why. Or maybe i mistaken the problem but i got stuck in my search of solutions.

I alreay had this probleme in 2019 but none helped me.  here: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/126430-advanced-pixel-search-library/?do=findComment&comment=1415361

I got into the same problem and found this explanation:

Applications made with frameworks such as electron app, QT, WPF... will print black screen in response to GetDC or GetWindowDC.

The only way around it is to make sure the target application is visible and take a screenshot of desktop at the specific coordinates where the target application is at.

So I decided to download the source code of the dll and fix it.

1. Now the SnapShot function takes a screenshot of a desktop at the coordinates of the window set by FFSetWnd(). So if the window is overlapped it will be overlapped in the snapshot. If the window is minimized you will get an error. Without window handle the function captures the whole screen as it used to.

2. You can pass any number of coordinates to FFSnapShot(). In previous versions you had to write all four coords even if you needed to pass only Left or Left,Top. Now, if Top is omitted it will be 0. If Right or Bottom are omitted they will get a value of a window width, height.

3. The last version (year 2015) of C++ project of the author on GitHub is fully Unicode, so some changes were made to the UDF file.

4. New function (LoadFromFile) was also implemented by the author in the project. I added it to the UDF - FFLoadFromFile('file path' [, snapshot_num])

DLLs are embeded.

FastFind_2.3.rar