Console.au3 UDF

Shaggi

can someone tell me, how can I change Cin to input a password? 

Normally the way to do it is to change the console mode to not print characters sent to cin.

I can't remember the exact settings required, but if you use my (still unreleased) console.au3 and _Console_SetMode, I seem to remember it being that you needed to unset $ENABLE_ECHO_INPUT. There is an example of removing flags from the mode if you look at the code for _Console_Pause.

The main issue, that I haven't been able to work around yet, is that programs using the above console.au3 won't work when run from SciTE. That limitation is pretty much the reason I haven't released it properly yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Found this just yesterday, I've already implemented it into a project (Server of another app). I do have a problem though. Cin() blocks until something is sent to the console (Enter pressed). I am trying to use THIS AutoIt thread implementation to do the console stuff in a separate thread, and potentially separate client TCP stuff into threads as well, but it would be SO much easier just to allow Cin to return 0 if enter isn't pressed.

I have Cin in a loop where I'm doing a lot of other networking stuff, but you can't do that if Cin is blocking everything until a command is entered..

Edited by RepublicCommando
Forgot to link 'THIS' in text

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2016 at 10:04 PM, RepublicCommando said:

Found this just yesterday, I've already implemented it into a project (Server of another app). I do have a problem though. Cin() blocks until something is sent to the console (Enter pressed). I am trying to use THIS AutoIt thread implementation to do the console stuff in a separate thread, and potentially separate client TCP stuff into threads as well, but it would be SO much easier just to allow Cin to return 0 if enter isn't pressed.

I have Cin in a loop where I'm doing a lot of other networking stuff, but you can't do that if Cin is blocking everything until a command is entered..

Have you tried setting the Cin size parameter to 1? or getch()?

I have used this for advanced CUI stuff before as well.

Edited by Biatu

What is what? What is what.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Gabriel12345 said:

Is there a way to get this working when compiled as CUI?   It works great when compiled as GUI, but as CUI "cin" won't block, and instead seems to be seeing a constant stream of carriage returns.

Thanks!

Yeah, I had this issue too when writing one of my scripts.  My question is.....is there a particular reason the script has to be compiled as a CUI?  The UDF seems to be an alternative to compiling the script as a CUI, so I just left my script to run as a GUI, and then called "Cout" at the very beginning, and it accomplishes pretty much the same thing.

• 3 months later...