Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
notta

ControlClick Help

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Guys, I hate to ask this question again, but I've used the search tool and Google to find the answer to this question. I remember seeing a solution to this problem, but I cannot seem to find the answer.

I have to uninstall a homebrew application that does not have any switches for uninstall. I have to click yes to a prompt if I want to uninstall and then at the end to click ok when the uninstall is complete. I have the script working when someone is logged in, but when the machine is sitting at ctrl+alt+delete the script is waiting for the "yes" button to be clicked.

I thought I was doing it correctly by using WinActivate and WinWaitActive and then ControlClick, but no luck. Can this be done? If so can someone point me to a working example? Thanks.

Edited by notta

From the FAQ=

Why doesn't my script work on a locked workstation?

WOn locked station any window will never be active (active is only dialog with text "Press Ctrl+Alt+Del") In Windows locked state applications runs hidden (behind that visible dialog) and haven't focus and active status. So generally don't use Send() MouseClick() WinActivate() WinWaitActive() WinActive() etc. Instead use ControlSend() ControlSetText() ControlClick() WinWait() WinExists() WinMenuSelectItem() etc. This way you may have your script resistive against another active windows. It's possible to run such script from scheduler on locked Windows station.