@WDAY with NOT current date

Hello.

I searched for the use of @WDAY in the way I want to but I only found it related to current date. I don't know how macros work and what they return, especially @WDAY. The manual is ambiguous. Would somebody please guide me how to use it to enumerate the dates from a starting one to an ending one, counting only the workdays?

Here is something I'm trying to make, more or less pseudo-coded:

; arbitrary month/year
$StartDate = 1
$EndDate = 14

For $Date = StartDate To EndDate
   If (@WDAY($Date) <> 1 OR @WDAY($Date) <> 7) Then
     <write the date output>
   EndIf
Next

Now, I've got the feeling $Date must be formatted somehow and I don't know how to use @WDAY. Besides, am I missing anything else?

_DateToDayOfWeek, DateToDayOfWeekISO

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

As jchd pointed out to you... just an example:

#include <Date.au3>
$StartDate = 1
$EndDate = 40 ;I know I know ;-)

For $Date = $StartDate To $EndDate
   $result = _DateToDayOfWeek (@YEAR, @MON,$Date)
   If Not @error Then
        If $result <> 1 And $result <> 7 Then
            ConsoleWrite(@YEAR & "/" & @MON & "/" & $Date & @TAB & _DateDayOfWeek($result) & @CRLF)
        EndIf
    EndIf
Next

Thank you very much. (I always hated that English has the same form for 2nd person sg and pl. Now I meant both).

sahsanu, I don't think I could've done it without the snippet. It's unclear for me whether $Date must be string or numeric.

Edited by mireazma

Help file tells you what type functions expect/return.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Yeah, it says "$iDay" - a valid day in format DD.

Accustomed to the rigorous C++, I find the variant being a source of ambiguity for me which not only I don't understand totally but as it seems it's a source of bugs as well. I couldn't test it at that moment so I couldn't know if I have to put "" around the assigned numerical constant. Now I know it has to be declared as string, otherwise it won't work.

Another example is @YEAR which I'm not sure what it returns. In the manual it says "Current four-digit year". Now is it a string or a number? Oh, I forgot it's both at the same time :unsure:. Takes time to get accustomed to variants

ConsoleWrite(VarGetType(@YEAR) & @LF)

String

This is to adhere to the YYYY format and common stringed dates.

Well, I learned something new - VarGetType. I didn't have the time to read althrough the manual. I'm starting to think that anything you could imagine has a corresponding function in AutoIt (everything is covered) :unsure:

The native AutoIt functions and operators will attempt to recast parameters to correct type on the fly. The macro @YEAR will return a string but you can still get away with this:

$iNext = @YEAR + 1
ConsoleWrite("Next year will be: " & $iNext & "; Type = " & VarGetType($iNext) & @LF)

Because of the arithmetic operation, AutoIt performs as if the first line was:

$iNext = Number(@YEAR) + 1

Note there is no guarantee that a particular UDF will do that for you.

:unsure:

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law