*.BAT to *.AU3

A few changes, no RegRead any more

$sliteDataBase = @UserProfileDir & "\Local Settings\Application Data\SpotLite\SpotLite\spots.db" ;for Win XP
If Not $sliteDataBase Then $sliteDataBase = EnvGet("LOCALAPPDATA") & "\SpotLite\SpotLite\spots.db" ; for Vista & Win 7

If Not FileExists($sliteDataBase) Then
    MsgBox(48, @ScriptName, "No DataBase Found!", 5)
    Exit 1
EndIf

This will work for Dutch and English Windows OS, for other languages I don't know

Edited by kees

see:

the script has to work on XP, Vista and Win7

Could you not get that localappdata and check if it is empty and if it is empty then get the xp version? XP has APPDATA

Maybe this.

$test = EnvGet("localappdata")
If $test = '' then $test = EnvGet("appdata")
MsgBox(0,"Test",$test)

This works for me, I tried it in vmware.

edit:

Scratch that, I see what you're talking about now.

Edited by Morthawt

• 5 years later...

Hello, people. First of all, you must know that the command line has clearly three parts
First: The name of the program to be called

Second: The name of the DB file to be used by the program

Third: The batch command for the SQL interpreter to execute the task.

The name of the program ... should be OK, unless it have blanks withing the string. In that case, the whole "path" should be enclosed in "" ...(aspas.. what is the name of this :

The name of the DB file have the same problem. If the path for the DB is something like :: "c:\program file\sqldb\DBname", it must be enclosed in (aspas) too because of the blank in the name.

Running in a batch, you tell SQL interpreter to read commands, instead of from Console, from the file in the parameter after " < " that calls for StdIn (standard Input) that is substitute for console commands... otherwise you should type the whole file directly to the program manually.

I just don't know, yet, under AutoIt, how you feed those commands to the interpreter. There must be several options for it. Just have to search a bit more about how the SQL interpreter works ... Maybe you can tell it to read the file in another way.

Hope to help a little bit over the problem.

"

You do realize, I hope, that this thread is over 5 years old, and no one in the thread needs this information any longer.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator