Followers 0
SmOke_N

WinGetTitle

10 posts in this topic

At my wits end, and I know the answer is right under my nose:

From AutoInfo:

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Title: The Window Title That Changes

Class: Abcd:200000:15:21102:0:8061d (8061d changes each time I log on; the rest is constant for Class)

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

Size:

Control ID:

ClassNameNN:

Text:

I'm trying to get the title name of the window, I was trying to use:

$Title = WinGetTitle(Classname="Abcd:200000:15:21102:0:8061d")

This works obviously, but again the last 5 digits change each time I log on, so it will only work in one instance.

How can I get a short version of ClassName= to work (yes I know it says must be "exact")? Anyone made a work around for this yet?

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

If it's the active window you can use

$Title = WinGetTitle("")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeh, I'm afraid I may have to revert to that. I wanted it to look more specific in case the users had other windows up rather than having to click on the window for "last" active.

Thanks though Gary

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

Sad :) , thought Gary or Burrup would of gotten the one by now, if could be "gotten" (what a phrase).

:) <BUMP>

Anyone have any ideas other than: $Title = WinGetTitle("") ??

Sorry, but still banging my head against the wall here.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

:)  <BUMP>

Anyone have any ideas other than: $Title = WinGetTitle("") ??

Sorry, but still banging my head against the wall here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not sure... but this might shed some light

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...id=86125&st=0

hope it helps

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

Thanks Valuater, but: If you noticed the first post in my question there is no Control ID.

I have a "Class" Abcd:'whatever'&'end numbers', using "classname=Abcd:'whatever'", but the 'end numbers are always differnt. Looking for a way to only get the first few "letters" or "numbers" of the "Class". That's all I need to recognize that specific window regardless of the ' end numbers' all the time.

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

Sad :) , thought Gary or Burrup would of gotten the one by now, if could be "gotten" (what a phrase).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't know I was a part of this lol.

After reading over the topic and poking at MSDN a tiny bit, and a look in the help file, try this...

$WinList = WinList()

For $I = 0 To $WinList[0][0]
   $Class = WinGetClassName($WinList[$I][1])
   If StringLeft($Class, 23) = "Abcd:200000:15:21102:0:" Then
      $Title = WinGetTitle($WinList[$I][1])
      Msgbox(0,"Title", $Title)
   EndIf
Next

Func WinGetClassName($hwnd)
   Local $ret = DllCall("user32.dll","int","GetClassName","hwnd", $hwnd,"str","")
   If Not @error Then Return $ret[2]
EndFunc

Edit: Changed function name.

Edited by Burrup

[u]Old Projects:[/u]A3MORGB2Hex[u]Old Functions:[/u]_TimeAdd/_TimeSub_AddComma_BubbleSort _RippleSort "He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words." - Elbert Hubbard.

Just Awesome Burrup!

NEWHeader1.png

Ok, I just got to try this:

Um... Great Job >>>>> Thanks!!

See why I said thought you or Gary would of whooped it already???

LOL