Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Worst AutoIt Bug Award

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Is this one of the worst bugs ever or what? #1844

It took me a while to see what the bug was saying...eeeeek.

Edit: IIRC SplashTextOn was one of the very early pieces of code. But still....

Edited by Jon

Posted

If the variant class still has the operators overloaded, I can see why someone could make an easy mistake like that.

Posted

I've not looked at the code yet but it's almost certainly someone casting away a string's const-ness. I'm pretty sure it wasn't me as well so I get to be preachy about it too :unsure:

Posted (edited)

If it's casting away const it's doing so using the C cast method:

Find all "const_cast", Subfolders, Find Results 1, "Entire Solution"
  C:\Data\My Programs\C++\Autoit\autoit\src\script_inet.cpp(336):       // const_cast is used here because the function expects LPVOID.  The casts are safe, though.
  C:\Data\My Programs\C++\Autoit\autoit\src\script_inet.cpp(337):       InternetSetOption(hInet, INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_USERNAME, const_cast<LPTSTR>(sProxyUser.c_str()), static_cast<DWORD>(sProxyUser.length() + 1) );
  C:\Data\My Programs\C++\Autoit\autoit\src\script_inet.cpp(338):       InternetSetOption(hInet, INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_PASSWORD, const_cast<LPTSTR>(sProxyPass.c_str()), static_cast<DWORD>(sProxyPass.length() + 1));
  C:\Data\My Programs\C++\Autoit\autoit\src\CreateProcessSimple.cpp(206):   ProfileInfo.lpUserName = const_cast<LPWSTR>(lpUsername);
  C:\Data\My Programs\C++\Autoit\autoit\src\script_inet.cpp(336):       // const_cast is used here because the function expects LPVOID.  The casts are safe, though.
  C:\Data\My Programs\C++\Autoit\autoit\src\script_inet.cpp(337):       InternetSetOption(hInet, INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_USERNAME, const_cast<LPTSTR>(sProxyUser.c_str()), static_cast<DWORD>(sProxyUser.length() + 1) );
  C:\Data\My Programs\C++\Autoit\autoit\src\script_inet.cpp(338):       InternetSetOption(hInet, INTERNET_OPTION_PROXY_PASSWORD, const_cast<LPTSTR>(sProxyPass.c_str()), static_cast<DWORD>(sProxyPass.length() + 1));
  C:\Data\My Programs\C++\Autoit\autoit\src\CreateProcessSimple.cpp(206):   ProfileInfo.lpUserName = const_cast<LPWSTR>(lpUsername);
  Matching lines: 8 Matching files: 4   Total files searched: 294

I wrote all those const_cast and all of them are correct. My code is const-correct, the C API we are using is not, thus I must cast away const.

Edited by Valik

Posted

Is that worst as in the bug report being difficult or worst as in "why is the splash modifying the variable"?

Posted

The modifying bit.

Posted

LPCTSTR szTemp = _tcstok((LPTSTR)szText, _T("\r\n") );

Posted

Ugh. _tcstok() modifies the string, that's why it doesn't take a fucking constant. Sigh. Wonder how many more stupid lines like that are in the code?

Posted (edited)

$input = "Line one" & @CRLF & "Line two"

$result = StringGetFirstLine($input)

MsgBox(0, "", $result)

Func StringGetFirstLine($str)
    SplashTextOn("", $str, -1, -1, -1, -1, 32 + 1)
    SplashOff()
    Return $str
EndFunc

:huh2:

Amidoingitrite?

Edited by Manadar

Posted

Funny function Mandar! :huh2:

Func StringGetFirstLine($str)
    SplashTextOn("", $str, -10, -10, 0, 0, 32 + 1)
    SplashOff()
    Return $str
EndFunc

Now it is perfect! ;)