Wiimote Scripting - Control and Receive Data from Multiple Wiimotes - Updated:12/14/11 - A Wireless Voltage Meter Example

Beege

Any updates?

No nothing new as far as the UDF goes. I do have a new project Ive been working on that involves using the wiimote to send A/D values from pic chips to autoit making a sort of wireless bluetooth volt meter. It wont be the normal kind of example for around here but whatever. I know there is at least a few people that are into circuits and what not..

Is there some kind of feature your waiting on?

No nothing new as far as the UDF goes. I do have a new project Ive been working on that involves using the wiimote to send A/D values from pic chips to autoit making a sort of wireless bluetooth volt meter. It wont be the normal kind of example for around here but whatever. I know there is at least a few people that are into circuits and what not..

Is there some kind of feature your waiting on?

Yes there is, i were hoping to get nunchock support, and also some kind of buzzer function, but if you are busy i guess i could go and add on to your souce code :-)

Yes there is, i were hoping to get nunchock support, and also some kind of buzzer function, but if you are busy i guess i could go and add on to your souce code :-)

I started to do the nunchuck but had problems with incorrect values when trying to use the thumbstick. One thing you can do (that would be very helpful to me) is to run the original developers example thats located in the "extra" folder and let me know what kind of values you get from it. The problem I was having was that the values reported when I held the thumbstick left, and left center were the same values reported for right and right center. Same thing with up and down making it impossible to establish where the thumbstick was actually located.

Also when you say "buzzer", are you refering to the speaker or to the rumble?

Edited by Beege

Also when you say "buzzer", are you refering to the speaker or to the rumble?

I mean the speaker.

I started to do the nunchuck but had problems with incorrect values when trying to use the thumbstick. One thing you can do (that would be very helpful to me) is to run the original developers example thats located in the "extra" folder and let me know what kind of values you get from it. The problem I was having was that the values reported when I held the thumbstick left, and left center were the same values reported for right and right center. Same thing with up and down making it impossible to establish where the thumbstick was actually located.

I'm getting the same result as you, but have you try'ed to take a look at the "nunchuk joystick magnitude" it seams to display how close to the center the thumpstik is.

But here is my results:

With the Thumstik To the Left i get:
nunchuk joystick angle:  267.711578
nunchuk joystick magnitude: 1.032739
With the Thumpstik To the Right i get:
nunchuk joystick angle:  92.229095
nunchuk joystick magnitude: 1.060208
With the Thumpstik Hold Up i get:
nunchuk joystick angle:  2.318306
nunchuk joystick magnitude: 0.979062
With the Thumpstik at the Bottom i get:
nunchuk joystick angle:  180.000000
nunchuk joystick magnitude: 1.041237
And Finally With the Thumstik in the Middle i get:
nunchuk joystick angle:  -1.#IND00
nunchuk joystick magnitude: 0.000000
And then the program exited by itself!

No those values sound good. Your at least getting a full 0 - 360 with the angles. The magnitude seems good too. If you hold the thumbstick in the middle of center and left (or any direction), do you get a mag value of .5?

Either way youve got me inspired to look at it again. Now that I know someone is getting correct values, Ill add it to the UDF regardless of the values I get. Thankyou. Should have some time to do it this week :D

No those values sound good. Your at least getting a full 0 - 360 with the angles. The magnitude seems good too. If you hold the thumbstick in the middle of center and left (or any direction), do you get a mag value of .5?

Either way youve got me inspired to look at it again. Now that I know someone is getting correct values, Ill add it to the UDF regardless of the values I get. Thankyou. Should have some time to do it this week :D

I'll would be very glad to help you out, but i can't chack now couse i'm at school, but i'll think i can do it when i come home :oops:

But i Think that you get a value of 0.5 if you've hold it half to the middle in any derection :rip:

• 2 weeks later...

I do hope you get one martin. Its been a lot of fun for not much money at all and there's still a lot more that could be done. The lack of interest from the community kinda lowered my drive a little but i would be happy to start back up. :oops:

Hey! I'd like to thank you for the awesome work you've done so far and also ask that you do not give up and keep thrusting forward! I'm relatively new to AutoItV3 (I've made some simple projects for use at work) and I was astonished today, when i found this topic.. Just two days earlier I fiddled around with an emulator called Dolphin (for Wii/GC games) and was thinking how cool it would be to use the WiiMote for random stuff on the PC..

I'll fiddle around with your work so far as soon as my bluetooth dongle arrives!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :D

Hey! I'd like to thank you for the awesome work you've done so far and also ask that you do not give up and keep thrusting forward! I'm relatively new to AutoItV3 (I've made some simple projects for use at work) and I was astonished today, when i found this topic.. Just two days earlier I fiddled around with an emulator called Dolphin (for Wii/GC games) and was thinking how cool it would be to use the WiiMote for random stuff on the PC..

I'll fiddle around with your work so far as soon as my bluetooth dongle arrives!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! :D

Thank you your welcome. :oops:

Added a new update today. I still have some more work to do with the examples but wanted to post what udf. Please let me know if you are having any problems with it.

Nice Script But now i can't seam to get it to work with the nunchuck.

I have no idea whats wrong.

When i use the program in the extras folder it works fine.

That sucks. Your getting no data reported at all? No joystick, buttons, or connection info when you disconnect and reconnect? I just downloaded it again to do a fresh retest and everything seems to be ok on this end...

That sucks. Your getting no data reported at all? No joystick, buttons, or connection info when you disconnect and reconnect? I just downloaded it again to do a fresh retest and everything seems to be ok on this end...

Just tryed again and now it seams to work just fine :D

Also is there some way of getting the nunchuck to display like. Up,Down,Left,Right,Up RIght, and such. That would be awesome :oops:

Just tryed again and now it seams to work just fine :D

Also is there some way of getting the nunchuck to display like. Up,Down,Left,Right,Up RIght, and such. That would be awesome :oops:

You mean for the joystick? You would need to set up some kind of sort of switch statement. Something like

Switch $aJoy[3];angle
  Case 0 To 45, 320 To 365
   ConsoleWrite('UP' & @LF)
  Case 46 To 135
   ConsoleWrite('Right' & @LF)
  Case 136 To 225
   ConsoleWrite('Down' & @LF)
  Case 226 To 319
   ConsoleWrite("Left" & @LF)
EndSwitch

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

• Created a tutorial to show a method of creating a Wireless Voltage Meter using Wiimote, Pic chip and Autoit.
  • The instructable is located here if your intrested. The package zip is on the main page. Be sure to let me know if your having any problems. Thanks

I don't have a wii and have only played one once. However, I've been mostly following this thread out of curiosity and I've been contemplating getting a wii-mote and bluetooth dongle for my pc as I need new game controllers anyway.

So I've been thinking that if I do get a wiimote I could probably use this script to write a mapper (set buttons on the wiimote to keyboard presses and mouse actions)...

definately going to have to start looking into this :)

Edited by kaotkbliss

My Android cat and mouse game
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.KaosVisions.WhiskersNSqueek

We're gonna need another Timmy!

• 3 months later...

Is there any way to get the battery status of the wiimote useing WimoteMT?

Yes use the _Wii_SetStatusHandler() function to set your function that will receive the battery level and LED status.

Well, I got my GF a Wii for her birthday, so I have access to a wii-mote

I also got a bluetooth dongle (reviews said it had no problems working with a wii-mote using windows default drivers)

So now the problem is getting it connected prperly to the pc. I paired the wii-mote with the pc and blutooth shows it paired, but that's it, won't do anyhting else and doesn't show up in controllers.

I did try 1 piece of software to get the pc to register the wii-mote, but as soon as the pc recognised the wii-mote as an input device, it started going all wonky and opening/closing windows.

Is that where your UDF comes in?

I've never tried anything but standard pc controllers, so I'm pretty novice with this.

Is there any way to get the battery status of the wiimote useing WimoteMT?

Thanks finally i've tried to do that for a while.

I've also noticed that WiimoteMT only works if use have autoit installed and it's installed on the same drive as the script is running uncompiled from. Is that a bug?

Well, I got my GF a Wii for her birthday, so I have access to a wii-mote

I also got a bluetooth dongle (reviews said it had no problems working with a wii-mote using windows default drivers)

So now the problem is getting it connected prperly to the pc. I paired the wii-mote with the pc and blutooth shows it paired, but that's it, won't do anyhting else and doesn't show up in controllers.

I did try 1 piece of software to get the pc to register the wii-mote, but as soon as the pc recognised the wii-mote as an input device, it started going all wonky and opening/closing windows.

Is that where your UDF comes in?

I've never tried anything but standard pc controllers, so I'm pretty novice with this.

What's the manufacturer of the usb dongle, and have use maked sure the wiimote is NOT connected to your wii?

Surry for my bad english, it's not my native lang.

Edited by playjacob

I got a

AZIO BTD211 Class 1 USB Bluetooth Adapter

I'm pretty sure the wii-mote was no longer connected to the wii. I opened up the battery cover and pressed the button inside then paired it with the pc while having the wiimote close to my pc dongle.

I got a

AZIO BTD211 Class 1 USB Bluetooth Adapter

I'm pretty sure the wii-mote was no longer connected to the wii. I opened up the battery cover and pressed the button inside then paired it with the pc while having the wiimote close to my pc dongle.

Try installing WiDCOMM version. 5.1.0.3100 and when it asks for Passkey just press ALt + S* if you're on an english system.

I've also heard that GlovePIE 0.26 now contains a menu item called "Troubleshooter > Bluetooth Fix" which may fix the problems with some drivers that are currently listed as not working.

* = If Alt + S does'nt work try useing AU3Info under the "Hidden Text" tab and look for something like "&Skip" Without the quotes of couse you will need to translate it to your Pc's language. For me it said "Spring &Over" So i would need to press Alt + O to Skib the Passkey, couse Spring over means Skib on danish witch is my language.

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.