need some SQLite help

hi guys im a newbie autoit user. i used to be a VB.NET and C# coder but when my friend interduced autoit to me i finally began to know those languages are null compared to autoit and autoit is for RAD just like delphi! <3

I used to have a program in VB.NET which was and is still my main project, and it uses SQLite.NET

i noticed autoit has SQLite support also so i thought why not migrate that project into autoit? :)

ive readed all the Autoit3Help.exe manual and searched the whole forum and did alot of googling yet i don't understand how to read a value...

the SQLite code to be executed in VB.NET was:

"SELECT Hash from DB WHERE Hash='" & MD5HASH($file) & "'"

which the MD5HASH generated MD5 checksum of a file. Thanks to the forum i was able to make the MD5 checksum working but the SQLite is all it remains...

can anyone please guide me? i started autoit yesterday and plan to learn it for the next 365 days :mellow:

PS: sorry if my english is bad *ashamed*

Edited by 1234hotmaster

Hello,

SQLite cann be accessed with SQLite.au3. The helpfile should conatain some examples :mellow:

MD5 can be created with Hex(_Crypt_HashFile($sFilePath, $CALG_MD5))

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Post your code and ask specific questions. Your question is too generic for any other answer than "read the helpfile".

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

Excuse me if i made you mad... i'm just really tired of trying :)

This is my code:

dim $c
 _SQLite_startup(@WORKINGDIR & "\sqlite3.dll")
 _SQLite_open(@WORKINGDIR & "\database.sqlite", $SQLITE_OPEN_READWRITE)
_SQLite_Query(@WORKINGDIR & "\database.sqlite", "SELECT Hash FROM DB", $str)
While _SQLite_FetchData($c, 0) = $SQLITE_OK
 _GUICTRLLISTVIEW_ADDITEM($RESULTS, $c , -1, 0)
WEnd
 _SQLite_Close(@WORKINGDIR & "\database.sqlite")

sorry im just new to autoit and really confused i'll get used to it :mellow:

Edited by 1234hotmaster

No, you did not made me mad.

This is pretty much the example from the helpfile for _SQLite_FetchData. Use the example as a basis and experiment with it.

Add a database filename to _SQLite_Open, remove the _SQLite_Exec lines, modify the query ...

If you include SQLite.dll.au3, the DLL will be downloaded if it does not exist in @ScriptDir or @SystemDir

thanks for replying but the problem is that it's not returning any data. I don't know exactly how those functions and which of them return the Table's Data. I just know these are needed:

_SQLite_Startup
_SQLite_Open
_SQLite_Close

excuse me for taking your time i just need to know Which to use, _SQLite_Exec or _SQLite_Quary and how to use the 3rd perimeter.

Thanks in advance :mellow: