Sign in to follow this  
Nety

Running process check loops once to often

Nety

I have the following which is part of a larger script which checks for running processes and displays them so the user can close them before continuing. However I cannot seem to get it to not loop one more time once all programs are closed. It shows a empty list. How can I get it not loop that last time?

$Title = "Start"
While $Title <> ""
    Local $List = WinList()
    Local $Title = ""
    For $i = 1 To $List[0][0]
    If $List[$i][0] <> "" And IsVisible($List[$i][1]) and $List[$i][0] <> "Start"  and $List[$i][0] <> "Program Manager" Then
        Dim $Process = IDtoName( WinGetText($List[$i][0]))
        ;$Title &= $Process & @TAB & $List[$i][0] & @CRLF
        $Title &= @TAB & $List[$i][0] & @CRLF
    EndIf
    Next
    msgbox(0,"SAP 7.2 Upgrade", "The following programs are running. They must be closed before the upgrade can continue..." & @CRLF &  @CRLF & $Title & @CRLF &  @CRLF & "Please close them and then click OK to continue")
WEnd
Func IDtoName($Handle)
    Dim $ProcList = ProcessList()
    For $i = 1 To $ProcList[0][0]
    If $ProcList[$i][1] = $Handle Then
        Return ($ProcList[$i][0])
    EndIf   
    Next
EndFunc
Func IsVisible($Handle)
    If BitAND( WinGetState($Handle), 2) Then
        Return 1
    Else
        Return 0
    EndIf
EndFunc

MvGulik

Wrong assumption interpretation. Your running the right number of loops.

But you do not test ($Title) for the end result (=='') when displaying your message box.

Ergo: Empty list on last msg-prompt.

Edited by iEvKI3gv9Wrkd41u

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Nety

OK so I have added the a If $Title == "" check in as below. Is this the best way to check? It works :mellow:

While $Title <> ""
    Local $List = WinList()
    Local $Title = ""
    For $i = 1 To $List[0][0]
    If $List[$i][0] <> "" And IsVisible($List[$i][1]) and $List[$i][0] <> "Start"  and $List[$i][0] <> "Program Manager" Then
        Dim $Process = IDtoName( WinGetText($List[$i][0]))
        ;$Title &= $Process & @TAB & $List[$i][0] & @CRLF
        $Title &= @TAB & $List[$i][0] & @CRLF
    EndIf
    Next
    If $Title == "" Then
        ExitLoop
    Else
        msgbox(0,"SAP 7.2 Upgrade", "The following programs are running. They must be closed before the upgrade can continue..." & @CRLF &  @CRLF & $Title & @CRLF &  @CRLF & "Please close them and then click OK to continue")
    EndIf
WEnd

MvGulik

Nothing wrong with how you did it. :mellow:

Possible (example) alternative would be:

If Not ($Title == "") Then
    Endif
If $Title Then msgbox(0,"SAP 7.2 Upgrade", "The following programs are running. They must be closed before the upgrade can continue..." & @CRLF &  @CRLF & $Title & @CRLF &  @CRLF & "Please close them and then click OK to continue")
If Not $Title Then ExitLoop

Its somewhat a matter of taste.

"Straight_and_Crooked_Thinking" : A "classic guide to ferreting out untruths, half-truths, and other distortions of facts in political and social discussions."
"The Secrets of Quantum Physics" : New and excellent 2 part documentary on Quantum Physics by Jim Al-Khalili. (Dec 2014)

"Believing what you know ain't so" ...

Knock Knock ...

Nety

Awesome thanks for your help. :mellow: