Script not running on remote server (win 2003)

I have created a script to log into an application (Meditech) and run a report. I then use a Windows Scheduled Task to get it ot run at 5 am. The script works great when I am logged into the Windows 2003 server but won't run when I'm not watching it. I read the FAQ article about remote servers and changing the script to use ControlSend etc but when I changed it the script didn't run at all. Can someone help me rewrite my scipt so it will work on the remote server?

here it is:

#region ---Au3Recorder generated code Start ---

Opt("WinWaitDelay",1000)

AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 10) ; default 5

AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDownDelay", 2) ; default 1

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)

_WinWaitActivate("Start Menu","")

MouseClick("left",24,414,1)

MouseClick("left",206,253,1)

_WinWaitActivate("Run","")

Send("c:\program{SPACE}files\meditech\magiccs\client\csmagic.exe{ENTER}")

_WinWaitActivate("Meditech Health Care Information System","")

Send("mcurrie{TAB}{SHIFTDOWN}P{SHIFTUP}assword00{TAB}{BACKSPACE}{F9}{ENTER}")

_WinWaitActivate("MICHAEL J CURRIE","")

Send("{DOWN}{DOWN}{DOWN}{ENTER}")

_WinWaitActivate("NPR Database - MICHAEL J CURRIE","")

Send("{DOWN}{DOWN}{RIGHT}{ENTER}adm.pat{TAB}{RIGHT}cgmh.currm.ed.pip.daily.detail{ENTER}")

Send("5{ENTER}")

_WinWaitActivate("Collingwood Admissions **LIVE** - MICHAEL J CURRIE","")

Send("{ENTER}{ENTER}{ENTER}{F12}")

Send("{ESC}{ESC}{ESC}")

#region --- Internal functions Au3Recorder Start ---

Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)

WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)

If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)

WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)

EndFunc

#endregion --- Internal functions Au3Recorder End ---

#endregion --- Au3Recorder generated code End ---

Thanks

Mike C

Is the remote server logged in while trying to run this? I can't see anything obviously wrong with your script otherwise.

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but the server isn't locked either right? If isn't not locked then, add some error checking to find out where its failing.

Edited by LurchMan

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

No, I never have to unlock when I go back into it....I wonder if my desktop session goes to sleep/hibernates or something. When I check it at 8:30, my script is paused and I have the little icon down in the right taskbar but the job never finishes.

Then most likely its one of the WinWaitActive () calls. It must not be finding the window so its waiting (indefinitely) for that window to become active. Might want to consider stepping through it without the script to make sure all the window titles are correct in your script.

Edit: Looked closer at your script, give me a bit I'll add another edit in a few.

Edit2: Try the code below:

#region ---Au3Recorder generated code Start ---
Opt("WinWaitDelay",1000)
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDelay", 50) ; default 5
AutoItSetOption("SendKeyDownDelay", 2) ; default 1
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)

Opt ("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;;*******Matches any substring from title with givin name

;~ _WinWaitActivate("Start Menu","")
;~ MouseClick("left",24,414,1)
;~ MouseClick("left",206,253,1)
;~ _WinWaitActivate("Run","")
;~ Send("c:\program{SPACE}files\meditech\magiccs\client\csmagic.exe{ENTER}")

Run ("c:\program files\meditech\magiccs\client\csmagic.exe")

_WinWaitActivate("Meditech Health Care Information System","")
Send("mcurrie{TAB}Password00{TAB}{BACKSPACE}{F9}{ENTER}")
_WinWaitActivate("MICHAEL J CURRIE","")
Send("{DOWN 3}{ENTER}")
Send("{DOWN 2}{RIGHT}{ENTER}adm.pat{TAB}{RIGHT}cgmh.currm.ed.pip.daily.detail{ENTER}")
Send("5{ENTER}")
_WinWaitActivate("Collingwood Admissions **LIVE** - MICHAEL J CURRIE","")
Send("{ENTER 3}{F12}")
Send("{ESC 3}")

#region --- Internal functions Au3Recorder Start ---
Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0)
    WinWait($title,$text,$timeout)
    If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text)
    WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout)
EndFunc
#endregion --- Internal functions Au3Recorder End ---

#endregion --- Au3Recorder generated code End ---
Edited by LurchMan

Good to hear, you're welcome.

I'll schedule it and see if it completes on its own. BTW, Do you know if there is way to schedule it without using Windows Scheduled Tasks?

Not sure how other people do it, but this is how I've created my own scheduler:

#include <date.au3>

While 1
    $CurrTime = _NowTime (5)
    If $CurrTime > "01:10:00" Then $lpcnt = 0
    If $lpcnt < 1 Then
        If $CurrTime >= "01:00:00" And $CurrTime <= "01:10:00" Then ;Time is in 24 hour format Decrease gap if script takes less than 10 mins.
                  ;Call Function**********************************************
        EndIf
    EndIf
    Sleep (1000*60)
WEnd
Edited by LurchMan