How to create new variable for each result ?

dirty

This function finds file/reads it and if match display it in ListView that i later need to read (each displayed search result)

Func _searchName($dir)
    Local $ArrTargetItems, $TargetItem
    If (StringRight($dir, 1) = "\") Then $dir = StringTrimRight($dir, 1)
    $ArrTargetItems = _FileListToArray($dir, "*", 0)
    If IsArray($ArrTargetItems) Then
        For $n = 1 To $ArrTargetItems[0]
            $TargetItem = $dir & '\' & $ArrTargetItems[$n]
            If StringInStr(FileGetAttrib($TargetItem), "D") Then ;This is a folder
                _searchName($TargetItem) ;Call recursively
            Else ;This is a file
    If StringRight ($TargetItem,4) = ".ini" Then
     $GetNameFromResult = IniRead ($TargetItem,"Project","Name","")
     $GetCountFromResult = IniRead ($TargetItem,"Project","Count","")
     $GetNumberFromResult = IniRead ($TargetItem,"Project","Number","")
     $GetCategoryFromResult = IniRead ($TargetItem,"Project","Category","")
     $GetLocationFromResult = IniRead ($TargetItem,"Project","Location","")
     If StringInStr ($GetNameFromResult, GUICtrlRead ($SearchByName)) > 0 Then ;display result based on Name
      GUICtrlCreateListViewItem ($GetNameFromResult & "|" & $GetCountFromResult & "|" & $GetNumberFromResult & "|" & $GetCategoryFromResult & "|" & $GetLocationFromResult,$Results)
     EndIf
    EndIf
            EndIf
        Next
    EndIf
EndFunc

How to i make displayed result's (when many) readable by guictrlread if GUICtrlCreateListViewItem when created has no variable assigned ?

GUICtrlCreateListViewItem is created for each result, so it needs to be created under new variable each time How do i do this ?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dirty

Can you give an example that i can implement into this function without changing it ?

Since i dont know what Redim and Ubound do, i am clueless what you talk about, but sure if you provide an example (as simple as possible) i will learn.

Thanks for quick reply. This project takes more time then rewriting bible (not fare) so i thought i'd ask for help to speed it up :graduated:

My guess will be this..

Global $aArray[1] = [999999]     ; At the top of the script

$hGui = GuiCreate("Test")
$Button = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Add 1 Item",10,10,100,30)
$iListView = GuiCtrlCreateListView("Let See",10,50,380,330)
$aArray[0] = $iListView ; I have to put some value in this index because it gives me some errors in the msgloop
GuiSetState()

While True
    $iMsg = GuiGetMsg()
    Switch $iMsg
        case -3
            Exit
        case $Button
            Redim $aArray[Ubound($aArray) + 1]
            $aArray[Ubound($aArray) - 1] = GuiCtrlCreateListViewItem("New Item",$iListView)
        case $aArray[0] to $aArray[Ubound($aArray) - 1]
            If $iMsg = $iListView then ContinueCase
            MsgBox(0,"ListViewItem", "You have Clicked in the item ID "&$iMsg)
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Cool thanks. But how come return value is always numbers instead of whats in the listview separated by | ?

If guictrlsetdata ($listView,"Item1|Item2")

then why guictrlread ($listView) does not return string that is in those columns separated by | ?

Listviews are unique in that you have to read the contents of a selected item like this GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($Listview))

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

AH THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!! GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($Listview))

Return is now Lacrimal Duct Probes Set of 5|1|N/A|General|General cart|

Now how do i separate those so that Lacrimal Duct Probes Set of 5 go into one input field and so on ?

Not sure how to string modify this string to separate it by pieces

Edited by dirty

You can separate them by using StringSplit.

$ListviewItemText = GUICtrlRead(GUICtrlRead($Listview))
$SplitLineArray = StringSplit($ListviewItemText, "|")

This will create an array ($StringSplitArray), where element [0] is the number of items in the array, the [1] element would have "Lacrimal Duct Probes Set of 5", [2] would equal "1" [3] would equal "N/A", etc. You could then use the array to populate your input boxes.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator